Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bow Tuck - nervous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tuck-nervous-t87814.html)

QuiltingHiker 01-05-2011 04:11 PM

It is all straight stitching. Just follow the directions and you'll do fine.

BTW, I am doing a class on this purse at my house on the 19th, if you would like to join us here in Jacksonville, FL. :-D

hperttula123 01-05-2011 04:25 PM

You will be surprised...they are easier than it looks. Just make one and you'll see. I bet you can't make just one!!!

MommaDorian 01-05-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
It is all straight stitching. Just follow the directions and you'll do fine.

BTW, I am doing a class on this purse at my house on the 19th, if you would like to join us here in Jacksonville, FL. :-D

It's a deal. I'll be there. I'll bet the weather is better there than here. lol

0tis 01-05-2011 05:51 PM

Ok, I started mine today - I am still doing all the quilting after I finish that I think it will work up quickly. The tutorial on this site saved me - otherwise I would still be staring at the directions - trying to make heads or tails of it. Will take some pics when I get done.

MommaDorian 01-05-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
Ok, I started mine today - I am still doing all the quilting after I finish that I think it will work up quickly. The tutorial on this site saved me - otherwise I would still be staring at the directions - trying to make heads or tails of it. Will take some pics when I get done.

I found the tutorial confusing. She shows the completed steps, but not how she got to it.

Up North 01-05-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian

Originally Posted by 0tis

I found the tutorial confusing. She shows the completed steps, but not how she got to it.

PM me I will take you one step at a time if you wish.

kay45 01-06-2011 05:52 AM

After you make the first one it is a breeze. They are fun to make and you can do so many different things with them. My bow tuck bags are the ones I get the most compliments on. I'm working on one right now. I decided to add a little pocket on both ends maybe for cell phones, pens & pencils, umbrella, etc. Good luck!!

steelecg 01-06-2011 06:04 AM

you can do it - just read directions and work slowly -

qwkslver 01-06-2011 06:23 AM

You can do it (I sound like Tony Little). I was scared too. My husband was my cheerleader. I have made several since.

foxxigrani 01-06-2011 06:52 AM

Ok I have wanted to do one too as I have seen some fantastice purses here made by you all. But I am not a sewer so am scared, heck I can't even sew a button on nice.