Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bow tuck (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tuck-t44622.html)

wvdek 05-03-2010 07:47 AM

Was following along pretty well when along came the skulls and roses. What a surprise!

knlsmith 05-03-2010 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by wvdek
Was following along pretty well when along came the skulls and roses. What a surprise!

LOL, just wanted to show one with contrast, sorry.. The kids love em. Here is a more grown up version I made for my sister awhile ago my daughter picked out the fabric on this one too

amma 05-03-2010 07:18 PM

Thank you for the pictures :D:D:D

kso 05-03-2010 07:28 PM

What are you using in the base of the tote?

knlsmith 05-03-2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by kso
What are you using in the base of the tote?

I use plastic canvas, the stuff used with yarn and has little square holes. Its like plastic cross stitch. I like it cuz not too hard.

grma33 05-04-2010 02:43 AM

Thank you! This helps alot.
Maybe I will have some thing to show in a while.
Gale

redpurselady 05-04-2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by grma33
Anyone working on one that can give a tute?
Read directions but not clear.bought a panel so don`t want to srew it up.
Do you all use fuseable batting?
I made a bag before and just put 2 pieces of fabric with batting and quilted it.
Are the sides a different piece?
Thanks Gale

Hi Gale, I just finished mine and I too was a little confused with the pattern directions. I am more of a visual person so I think I had to read them about 4 times before I started cutting and sewing.

There are no separate side pieces. The sides are formed by joining the front and back and boxing the corners (step 13). If you are using panels, these will then wrap around to form the sides. I used fusible fleece on both the lining and outside portions. I also quilted both lining and front and back in a cross-hatch pattern. I think it looks better quilted and the fleece will stay put between the fabrics especially if down the road you decide it needs to be washed.

Good luck with yours and post some pics. I plan to do so as soon as I add my button and cover my bottom insert.

greaterexp 07-10-2010 11:44 AM

Thank goodness you posted these pictures. I was very excited to dig in, but didn't understand the first step. Your pictures helped immensely. Thank you!!

LaurieE 07-11-2010 11:36 AM

Thank you for the pictures. I, too, am trying to make my first bag. I have to admit the directions aren't very clear and missing a few steps. Thank goodness for people who know what they're doing!

I've quilted the outside pocket. I can't find in the directions when to sew the outside pocket to the outside fabric. Step 2 says to sew bottom to outside top. It doesn't say anything about sewing the bottom of the pocket in that seam. I'm getting very confused. Somewhere in here I have to quilt the upper part of the bag. Isn't the outside pocket going to be in the way?

katied772 07-11-2010 01:32 PM

Anyone know of a pattern that has drawstrings about two inches from the top and draws from the sides? Thnaks.