Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bow tuck (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tuck-t44622.html)

greaterexp 07-11-2010 03:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't see directions as to when to attach the pocket. I had the bag assembled for the most part before I saw the picket sitting there, detached! I was able to attach it before whip stitching the lining closed, but I had to be careful about not catching in part of the bag. After you quilt the outside pieces, I would place and stitch it then.
Here's my first attempt without the side ties. I may still add them, depending on what I choose to do with the bag.

knlsmith 07-13-2010 12:18 AM

GREATEREXP; I have that same fabric in blue. Love it.

greaterexp 07-13-2010 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think blue would be perfect! I did add the side ties and like it better now, but I'm still not sure I like the pocket material. I thought it went together well when I bought it, but the assembled product doesn't work so well.

I think I will make paper pattern pieces for this since I plan to make several for gifts. It's really time consuming to measure each piece for cutting.

katied772 07-13-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by greaterexp
I think blue would be perfect! I did add the side ties and like it better now, but I'm still not sure I like the pocket material. I thought it went together well when I bought it, but the assembled product doesn't work so well.

I think I will make paper pattern pieces for this since I plan to make several for gifts. It's really time consuming to measure each piece for cutting.

Does this bag gather at the top?

greaterexp 07-13-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by katied772

Does this bag gather at the top?

The ties are attached for about 4 inches on each side, so you can cinch it up for about 2-3 inches on each side. It doesn't completely close the bag by any means.

knlsmith 07-13-2010 08:40 AM

I agree with you on the pocket. Maybe it's too light against the other fabric. Not sure how, but i agree. But it is still a Fantabulous bag!

katied772 07-13-2010 09:27 AM

Maybe the pocket could be tea stained a bit to make it blend better. I like the pattern of the pocket against the body fabric.

sewmuchmore 07-13-2010 03:37 PM

knlsmith thank you, thank you I can't thank you enough. I did it :thumbup: :thumbup:

knlsmith 07-13-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
knlsmith thank you, thank you I can't thank you enough. I did it :thumbup: :thumbup:

woo hooo!!!! :lol: You are VERY welcome. If anyone ever has a question on these, i have a bunch of pics I took. Just pm me. Might have to give me a day or too. I work 3rd and check the board a lot from my phone instead of my computer.

tcnmom 07-13-2010 06:09 PM

My first bow tuck I used a light weight fusible fleece and the purse is very limp. The one I made today I used the heavier and like it much better. I wish there would be a weight between these two, as I think it would be perfect. I have 3 more started. Love the pattern and have received many compliments. I use poster board for the bottom and cover it with a case. I like the poster board better than the plastic as it is not stiff and heavy.