Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brace Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brace-yourself-t105948.html)

marymay 03-09-2011 03:56 AM

I quit going to Joann's 2 months ago when I went there and found everything I wanted was on sale and counld not use 1 coupon.GEE I was so mad.

Blinkokr 03-09-2011 04:22 AM

Good morning all - I am a newbe up here
I have purchased from Connecting Threads and their fabrics are terrific. The quality is really good cottons. I have been buying from them for several years and am always delight when I get my fabric. I always try to purchase over $50.00 as the shipping is free with $50.00 or more and buy through them on the net there is no taxes on purchases.

plainpat 03-09-2011 04:33 AM

One thing, there is state tax if the company you buy from has a business in your state, or even a warehouse,so check before buying.Connecting Threads is in Ohio,as is Thousands of Bolts.Not a problem, but better to know than to be surprised.

Originally Posted by Blinkokr
Good morning all - I am a newbe up here
I have purchased from Connecting Threads and their fabrics are terrific. The quality is really good cottons. I have been buying from them for several years and am always delight when I get my fabric. I always try to purchase over $50.00 as the shipping is free with $50.00 or more and buy through them on the net there is no taxes on purchases.

Blinkokr 03-09-2011 04:45 AM

I live in Florida, but you point on that is good, I forgot about that and the tax if they are in your state. They sure try to get us coming and going with the taxes.

grann of 6 03-09-2011 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tilladare

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
BellaBoo, ours is bad too. I dont think really poor people can afford to shop at our Goodwill store. Jeans are 8.00 and 9.00 for used!

And that is only if they can beat the people who feel they are doing good and recycling by buying out all the wool and cotton clothes to cut up for crafting!
Sorry, this is a sore point for me. If a person wants to recycle clothing into crafting of any sort, I have no problem with that... IF they are using clothing from their own household. If you can afford new cloth, don't use the wool suit that might have helped a poor person get a job, or keep them from being quite as cold...
(OK off my soapbox... sorry for the rant)

Last time I checked, this was a free country and we can do what we choose with what we buy. Did you ever look at the people shopping in the thrift shops? They are not poor people?

CarrieAnne 03-09-2011 05:01 AM

Oka, everyone. All I said is that if you were really poor, you wouldnt be able to buy 8.00 or 9.00 jeanat Good Will. PLEASE read my post, Grann of 6, I didnt even write what you highlighted, only the first part.
And I never meant to offend anyone......yes its a free country....but please read who writes something before you post.

duckydo 03-09-2011 05:05 AM

sorry, what is fm store?

grann of 6 03-09-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Oka, everyone. All I said is that if you were really poor, you wouldnt be able to buy 8.00 or 9.00 jeanat Good Will. PLEASE read my post, Grann of 6, I didnt even write what you highlighted, only the first part.
And I never meant to offend anyone......yes its a free country....but please read who writes something before you post.

I read your post, and you said not to buy a wool suit that some poor person could buy to wear to a job.

CarrieAnne 03-09-2011 05:10 AM

No, I didnt. I never said ANY of that. Just the first part. I can scroll back and see WHO wrote it for you, if you want.

katyquilter 03-09-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by marymay
I quit going to Joann's 2 months ago when I went there and found everything I wanted was on sale and counld not use 1 coupon.GEE I was so mad.

I agree - I went on Sunday with a load of coupons and came out with a spool of thread and a tape measure - the only things I found not on sale :D but then I didn't spend much :D