Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Breathe Aggi.. BReeeathe!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/breathe-aggi-breeeathe-t13770.html)

kapatt 11-23-2008 09:05 AM

Thanks Aggi. It does help. I've been making gifts too. I just hadn't planned on going all out this year. It is a good thing I have a big stash.

Quilting Aggi 11-23-2008 09:37 AM

it definetely helps kapatt

Butterflyspain 11-23-2008 11:14 AM

You are most definatley NOT alone, me too I am coming up for air, but then something or someone would like something made and there I go again. Good luck with your gifts, sound wonderful.

Elle

Butterflyspain 11-23-2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt
I'm doing the same thing. Due to some unexpected financial surprises, I need to make all of my gifts and now I need to come up with good ideas.
(I usually make gifts for the members of the family that appreciate items made by hand.)

I'm thinking about making aprons for some of the women in my family but that is all the further I've got. No one needs the pjs that I've made in the past, (they are still using the pairs that I've made them).

I've thought about quilted placemats for one family but I'm not sure that they would have the capacity to appreciate the time that I would put in to making them.

My great-niece needs pants so I may make her some pants.
Another idea is table runners.

So, my question is,....what are some good ideas for gifts?

Kappat,
how about some purses for the ladies,
mobile phone holders
A lady in our Club is making a holder for her Passport and they look real cool.
Kitchen Gloves, for taking hot things out of the oven
Wall hangings.

Elle

mary quite contrary 11-23-2008 01:41 PM

I didn't think I was alone in this. It doesn't matter what I make it seems like there is always more. My kids think I can make them anything at the drop of a hat. But I love it and wouldn't want it any other way. They don't ask me for tons of things to buy mostly things I can make them so I feel loved.

johnette 11-23-2008 02:21 PM

Me too. I got the bright idea to make all the kids and kids-in-laws lap quilts for Christmas. Which would have been fine, but I only decided about 8 weeks ago. I have 3 done and 4 left to go. I don't think I'm going to make it. And instead of working on them, I am here reading the board. Shame on me.

sewnsewer2 11-23-2008 02:51 PM

Nope, not alone. I start panicing in October. I'm pretty much finished this year tho.

I got my quilts done, YAY!

sewjoyce 11-23-2008 03:01 PM

Some things I'm making this year for Christmas presents:

Each grandchild (all 5 of them) are getting fleece panel "blankies". All of them are 2 yds. x WOF and all of them will be done with a blanket stitch around the edge (I have ONE more to finish!!)

Embroidered sweatshirts: Three friends and 4 adult kids will be getting a machine embroidered sweatshirt. Four down and 3 more to go.

Each grandchild will get their own personal pillowcase (2 done)

Am making pillows for 2 other friends

All Christmas cards will contain FSL Christmas ornaments (I think I have enough of these -- have completed 56 -- which does not include the ones I thought were really ugly and threw out or about a dozen really tiny ones -- These are about 1".)

Another friends wants a purse like the one I made for Dirty Santa with some "small" differences of course.

My daughter wants a purse out of the black pre-quilted fabric I just had to go and show her...

My husband's nephew is getting a machine embroidered apron.

Whew!! I think that's all -- at least all that I can remember off the top of my head -- LOL -- breathe Joyce breathe :wink:

sandpat 11-23-2008 05:05 PM

Nope, you aren't alone. THis year I'm making my Dad & his wife some embroidered denim shirt with their dogs name on them (his dog is in a championship field trial this year) and then making some monogramed hand towel and I think that a gag gift I will make is some embroidered toilet paper. Luckily I don't have a large family :wink:

I'll probably be making candy and cookies for our friends and will make some little sewing thingies for my sewing friends..like the froggie thread catcher or Izy's thread catcher.

Good luck with yours!

PamH 11-23-2008 05:43 PM

Today has been my panic day tooo... I am making quilts for the 6 granddaughters 4 done 2 more to go. Pillow cases for the Daughters and hubbys one set done one more set to make. 8 aprons to make only 1 done. And a Christmas wall hanging and table runner yet to make. Plus my dolls for the doll swap and some memory journal books for my daughters--haven't even started those yet.

Going to sew next friday, saturday and sunday.

Deadline is getting closer. No Aggi you are not alone.