Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Breathe Aggi.. BReeeathe!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/breathe-aggi-breeeathe-t13770.html)

Quilting Aggi 11-24-2008 11:50 AM

I found a foot!!! I called my Singer dealer actually (I know him well as I send alot of business his way with my students) Although he is not a Husqvarna Dealer, he does have contacts. I called him first thing this morning when his stored opened. He called me back at my office within a couple hours. he can order one for me and it could arrive by Friday. THANK GAWD! I'll be quilting like a nut again this weekend!!!!

sewjoyce 11-24-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
I found a foot!!! I called my Singer dealer actually (I know him well as I send alot of business his way with my students) Although he is not a Husqvarna Dealer, he does have contacts. I called him first thing this morning when his stored opened. He called me back at my office within a couple hours. he can order one for me and it could arrive by Friday. THANK GAWD! I'll be quilting like a nut again this weekend!!!!

It helps to know the right people -- I'm so glad for you!!

bluebird 11-24-2008 03:00 PM

Great ideas, Jeanie. Welcome from the Ozarks :D

Boston1954 11-24-2008 03:00 PM

First, Aggi, I want to say that you are not alone. In order to make all the patterns that catch my eye, I would have to live about 245 years.

Second, you can solve your meat packing problems by shipping it to me. LOL.

BUT........don't forget your UFO for the challenge. (or have you finished it already??)

Feathers 11-27-2008 06:59 AM

Kapatt:
Somewhere on the board some weeks ago someone said she made breadbasket bags and someone else said they would get a basket, make a rice bag heater bag for the bottom of the basket then put the breadbag on top of the ricebag and Joila, a really great, useful gift. Well, I went to Joann's last night and got a basket (50% off on all their baskets in our store), I had a yard of fabric, stopped at the Dollar store and bought a pound of rice and this morning in less than 1 hour I made a hostess breadbasket ricebag heated bread bag and it's darling. I'm going to use this for many, many hostess, shower, I Love you, special occasion gifts that come up frequently. In total the basket I made for my DS cost under $10.00 . See the picture under the picture thread.

Quilting Aggi 11-27-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
First, Aggi, I want to say that you are not alone. In order to make all the patterns that catch my eye, I would have to live about 245 years.

Second, you can solve your meat packing problems by shipping it to me. LOL.

BUT........don't forget your UFO for the challenge. (or have you finished it already??)

Its not finished yet.. but I am sewing the rows together HOPEFULLY tonight!!! I have the sinking feeling it is not going to be done in time :( sniff sniff

Quilting Aggi 11-27-2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Kapatt:
Somewhere on the board some weeks ago someone said she made breadbasket bags and someone else said they would get a basket, make a rice bag heater bag for the bottom of the basket then put the breadbag on top of the ricebag and Joila, a really great, useful gift. Well, I went to Joann's last night and got a basket (50% off on all their baskets in our store), I had a yard of fabric, stopped at the Dollar store and bought a pound of rice and this morning in less than 1 hour I made a hostess breadbasket ricebag heated bread bag and it's darling. I'm going to use this for many, many hostess, shower, I Love you, special occasion gifts that come up frequently. In total the basket I made for my DS cost under $10.00 . See the picture under the picture thread.

I did start making 2 sets of heirloom pillow cases last night (no quilting foot required for that). They make really pretty gifts! I'll post a photo when I complete them.

Quilting Aggi 11-27-2008 11:52 AM

My foot has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I don't have it yet, but I did get the phone call that the foot has arrived in the shop and I can pick it up... Guess what I'm doing after work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margie 11-28-2008 02:33 PM

I see from your blog you like to cook. How about making up your scone mix in jars, adding pretty fabric on lid and tying with salvedge edge of fabric ragged, or soup...who wouldnt love to have a jar of homemade soup , or some cookie mix in a jar....how about a small basket, with fabric liner and a few homemade items in it....maybe a good book and homemade bookmark and homemade fudge or little candle to light...some dried herbs from garden in little homemade bag. Everything doesnt have to be big and expensive...I love small homemade, thoughtful...."little pleasures" :)

Margie

Feathers 11-29-2008 02:26 AM

Margie: Love your ideas...will probably use them in the coming weeks. Thank you.