Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Bricks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bricks-t57213.html)

UglyCook 07-31-2010 07:27 PM

At Lowe's (Hardware store) today, I could hardly restrain myself from rearranging all of the bricks into interesting quilt patterns...

dkabasketlady 07-31-2010 07:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm so like you, when we went on a cruise I had to take a pic of the flooring because I thought it would make into a very pretty quilt!

This is the flooring in the elevator
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14775[/ATTACH]

Another view, don't you think it would make a nice quilt?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15295[/ATTACH]

lilpoohbearie 07-31-2010 07:37 PM

There is a guy at my bible study who wears a sweater that looks like several quilt blocks. I just hope he doesn't catch me stareing. I know see the world in quilt blocks....

Katia 07-31-2010 07:39 PM

My sisters and I used to play Farmtown on Facebook a lot. One of my sisters always arranged her crops in quilt patterns. It was kinda fun to see how they looked as just seeds and then when they were done. Always so pretty.

cjomomma 07-31-2010 07:58 PM

I am guilty of the same thing. I no longer just look at ppl but instead I look at what they are wearing and think of how their clothes would be in a quilt.

sharon b 07-31-2010 08:25 PM

LOL :lol: Others see the whole picture, we quilters are busy breaking it down into blocks for patterns :wink:

nursie76 07-31-2010 08:30 PM

Ah gosh! I do this too. I have a ton of pics on my cell phone that I have taken of various floor tiles, wall tiles, rug patterns, you name it...all that I think would make a great quilt! Just took a mastery class for my Bernina 730 on Thursday and found myself staring at my teachers blouse thinking that the material would look perfect in a quilt. What is really sad, is I saw her again today, and she had another blouse on that would make a beautiful quilt!! OH, I am a sick puppy!!!! :-) Thats ok, I don't want a cure. ;-)

brenda21 07-31-2010 09:16 PM

The elevator floor pics on the cruise are too funny :)

kwiltkrazy 07-31-2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Ah gosh! I do this too. I have a ton of pics on my cell phone that I have taken of various floor tiles, wall tiles, rug patterns, you name it...all that I think would make a great quilt! Just took a mastery class for my Bernina 730 on Thursday and found myself staring at my teachers blouse thinking that the material would look perfect in a quilt. What is really sad, is I saw her again today, and she had another blouse on that would make a beautiful quilt!! OH, I am a sick puppy!!!! :-) Thats ok, I don't want a cure. ;-)

I'm with you, I don't want a cure! My dear mother, she is terrible, she went up to a man and asked him where he got his shirt. I was so embarassed. And you know the singing quilter has a song about this very thing, and it is hilarious.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-31-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
At Lowe's (Hardware store) today, I could hardly restrain myself from rearranging all of the bricks into interesting quilt patterns...

Funny, in a Cool sort of way... Yep I can relate !! :-D