Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother CE8080 Project Runway- opinions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-ce8080-project-runway-opinions-t179340.html)

JamieQ 02-14-2012 08:20 AM

Brother CE8080 Project Runway- opinions?

I know I asked for advice here before on a new sewing machine, but most of the models suggested were too, uh, "financially adventurous" for me at the moment.

Anyway-- I have the chance at a factory reconditioned Brother CE8080 PRW machIne with full warranty from a reputable national retailer for $75 (including tax and shipping-- I have $30 in GCs I have earned doing surveys and such-- it's actually $99.99)

So the price is more than right-- and it has everything I could want and more-- (no knee lift presser foot, but I'll survive:) computerized 80-stitch machine, metal internal gears w/ 25 year warranty on them. I can also get a replacement extended warranty through the retailer for less than $15.

I have searched here and on Google for reviews and opinions, but haven't found much. Does anyone here have experience with this machine?

Thanks!

bakermom 02-14-2012 10:10 AM

I'm not familiar with that model but have bought the ce 4000 prw and most recently the 5500 prw for my DDs. they love them. they are quiet, lightweight and have given no trouble at all. I think you will be pleased with this machine.

Vanuatu Jill 02-14-2012 10:38 AM

I also am not familiar with that machine, but I have a Brother PC420 Project Runway (was $450.00 on amazon last year) and I love it. My previous machine was a Brother, and I really have had good luck with them. I would give it a go-certainly is a great price-and if you get it from a dealer and with an extended warranty, that is even better. Do you know how old the machine is-what year model? Did you do a search on that model?

Dolphyngyrl 02-14-2012 05:56 PM

I agree, love my brothers go for it!!!

barblr 02-21-2012 07:07 AM

My friend bought a Brother PRW about 4 or 5 years ago for $99.00 at Walmart, she has done a LOT of quilts etc, and she loves it.
Barbara

Originally Posted by JamieQ (Post 4974333)
I know I asked for advice here before on a new sewing machine, but most of the models suggested were too, uh, "financially adventurous" for me at the moment.

Anyway-- I have the chance at a factory reconditioned Brother CE8080 PRW machIne with full warranty from a reputable national retailer for $75 (including tax and shipping-- I have $30 in GCs I have earned doing surveys and such-- it's actually $99.99)

So the price is more than right-- and it has everything I could want and more-- (no knee lift presser foot, but I'll survive:) computerized 80-stitch machine, metal internal gears w/ 25 year warranty on them. I can also get a replacement extended warranty through the retailer for less than $15.

I have searched here and on Google for reviews and opinions, but haven't found much. Does anyone here have experience with this machine?

Thanks!