Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1 Sewing machine. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-luminaire-innov-%EDs-xp1-sewing-machine-t299263.html)

Onebyone 09-01-2018 12:45 PM

Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1 Sewing machine.

I want to a demo of this this new machine this morning. It does everything! LOL After about 30 min in, I thought to myself too many functions actually takes the fun out of sewing for me.
Most of it computer work. The dealer kept saying all this for only $18,800! Well it made the other machines look like real bargains. LOLOLOLOL:D

Patricia Drew 09-01-2018 01:53 PM

Wow! Been hearing a lot about this machine recently! But $18,800 ? That's about $24,500 in Canada where I live ... I guess I'll just repeat your LOLOLOLOL ...

Cari-in-Oly 09-01-2018 01:56 PM

Jeez, My last house didn't cost that much. I think I'll stick to my vintage machines lol.

Cari

Stitchnripper 09-01-2018 02:38 PM

Gosh that does sound spendy. I love my Brother machines, but that one does not tempt me. At all.

Dolphyngyrl 09-01-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 8119817)
Gosh that does sound spendy. I love my Brother machines, but that one does not tempt me. At all.

If you saw everything it does it would. There are a lot of quilting features on it

Jingle 09-01-2018 03:20 PM

I will just stick with the machines I have, straight stitch only. All I need.

Ginaky 09-01-2018 04:27 PM

To me, the more features they have (specially computerized), the more there is to have problems! I have computerized machines, but I'm quite happy with what I have! I think all the companies are about to price themselves out of business.

wesing 09-01-2018 04:28 PM

All those bells and whistles look and sound great, but I would never use the machine to even 25% of its potential, so that would be a waste for me. I would love to be as skilled as some of you on this board who could really put the pedal to the metal with that machine! If you would use the machine and can afford it, I hope you get one and love every second of using it.

grannie cheechee 09-01-2018 04:36 PM

For that much money, it would have to cut my quilt pieces, and tell me where all the pieces go. LOL

Stitchnripper 09-01-2018 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 8119820)
If you saw everything it does it would. There are a lot of quilting features on it

I wish we could be speaking face to face, because I know my tone will come across not the way I want it to, but, no, it still doesn't tempt me. I am liking my simple machines very much. Not too much to go wrong and I don't do anything complicated. I can FMQ on my Brother 1500 just fine and right now that makes me pretty happy. If I ever got another machine it would be a sit down long arm like the Juki or Handiquilter. I have the room and the $$ but, I'm still not there. (Smiling face!!)