Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1 Sewing machine.

Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1 Sewing machine.

I want to a demo of this this new machine this morning. It does everything! LOL After about 30 min in, I thought to myself too many functions actually takes the fun out of sewing for me.
    Most of it computer work. The dealer kept saying all this for only $18,800! Well it made the other machines look like real bargains. LOLOLOLOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Wow! Been hearing a lot about this machine recently! But $18,800 ? That's about $24,500 in Canada where I live ... I guess I'll just repeat your LOLOLOLOL ...

Banned
    Jeez, My last house didn't cost that much. I think I'll stick to my vintage machines lol.

Cari

Gosh that does sound spendy. I love my Brother machines, but that one does not tempt me. At all.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    Gosh that does sound spendy. I love my Brother machines, but that one does not tempt me. At all.
    If you saw everything it does it would. There are a lot of quilting features on it
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I will just stick with the machines I have, straight stitch only. All I need.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

To me, the more features they have (specially computerized), the more there is to have problems! I have computerized machines, but I'm quite happy with what I have! I think all the companies are about to price themselves out of business.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

All those bells and whistles look and sound great, but I would never use the machine to even 25% of its potential, so that would be a waste for me. I would love to be as skilled as some of you on this board who could really put the pedal to the metal with that machine! If you would use the machine and can afford it, I hope you get one and love every second of using it.

For that much money, it would have to cut my quilt pieces, and tell me where all the pieces go. LOL
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    If you saw everything it does it would. There are a lot of quilting features on it
    I wish we could be speaking face to face, because I know my tone will come across not the way I want it to, but, no, it still doesn't tempt me. I am liking my simple machines very much. Not too much to go wrong and I don't do anything complicated. I can FMQ on my Brother 1500 just fine and right now that makes me pretty happy. If I ever got another machine it would be a sit down long arm like the Juki or Handiquilter. I have the room and the $$ but, I'm still not there. (Smiling face!!)
    Alyce

The dealer never really stayed on the sewing part only wanted to show the embroidery capabilities. The touch screen did mess up a lot when she was using it. She blamed sweaty fingers.
    It's super nice, big, impressive, and beautiful. An amazing machine for sure. I got more excited seeing the new Christmas jelly rolls that were put out while I was there.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

What a deal, it's $20,000 here. LOL. I saw an all day demo at an open house. Not even tempted.

Blog Entries
    I saw this at a local shop and told the guy I could buy a new car with that LOL He agreed and laughed too but said it does everything. well, it doesn't make coffee "yet" LOL I'm perfectly happy with my Babylock Symphony and my Elna embroidery machine. The 2 together was around $5k and that's plenty for me. LOL
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

I could put an addition on to my house for that much money and have all my sewing machines and quilting frame in one room for that much money. Geez!

Yup upgrading is expensive. I'm a Husq person...have an SE going back to 2007 which is a combo emb/sewing w/all the bells and whistles. Back then I got it as "Open Box" sale reg price 7500 got for 4500. Now if I had to replace it would cost much less then you are talking only 13,000 if I caught a sale...reg 15,500.
    Unfortunately for me once you have all those bell/whistles it's hard to live without. I quilt my quilts in the hoop, I do use all the decorative stitches. My machine can translate a photo to stitches so I took family photos from the1800's and did a History quilt for my husbands family of all the relatives going bk to Great Grandparents.
    Of course in order to do this you scan photo's into computer program for SE and then tweak photos to rid shadows etc...then transfer via a cord or USB stick to SE. Now the newer machine that's replaces it has wireless WIFI....how could you not love that...no cords, usb's etc...I pray everyday my SE keeps on going because then the hard decision has to be made... of course I might find another brand cheaper but once you invest so much in hoops and parts for one brand your stuck!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe they sell any at all. A machine with these capabilities and price tag surely can't be designed for the hobby quilter. Onebyone has it right I think. Takes all the fun out of sewing.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Blog Entries
    Yeah I’m thinking they r going to put themselves out of business. I don’t know any young people who quilt much less have that kind of money for a sewing machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    Yeah I’m thinking they r going to put themselves out of business. I don’t know any young people who quilt much less have that kind of money for a sewing machine
    they are selling like hot cakes.
    brother is offering dazzling bonus packages and some dealers are offering decent trade-in values for older models - particularly for dream machine2s.
    for those who can afford it, and depending upon the dealer they talk to, it seems - to them - a deal too good to pass up.

lucky for me, i am not among those who can afford it.

i can explain, though, why i'd get one if i could afford it and if i didn't already have a dream machine2.
    - i don't have space for a long-arm rig
    - as expensive as the luminaire is, it's still less expensive than a good long-arm of decent size, on a great frame, with the computerized features and software, and with the newest software than can make a long-arm do virtually everything an embroidery machine can do.

i can't see the future so i don't know whether or not quilting is a close to extinction as we might think.
    machine embroidery, though, seems to be growing in popularity among people of all ages.
    i get the impression that it's easier to make money with embroidery than from quilts.
    (don't quote me on that. i have no scientific data to back up that impression.)
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    Our local dealer had 50 machines on pre-order and already had about 25 pre-sales for the new machine. There is plenty of interest in them in our local area. Certainly a young person could purchase if desired.

Lots of fun new features to discover and learn. I have the Dream 2 and love using it every day but might consider the new one next year or perhaps a 10 needle. First, I would need a bigger sewing room. LOL!

My local store has sold 21 already (compared to 50 Dream Machines when they first came out). They have some bugs that need to be fix. There has been one update already. There are a few differences from the dream 2 but not many. BTW a new VW Jetta costs less than this machine. I'm sticking with my Dream Machine. The differences are not worth the money to me and the freebies are good only if you use them. I'm not a PE design person so getting it for free doesn't matter to me. Wait a year and the price will go down because they won't be throwing in anything "free", nothing is really free.

Went to my sew group today and two member said they bought one. One is already complaining about the touch screen on hers. The other hasn't unboxed hers yet. No returns is too risky for that amount of money.

21 machines is half a million dollars. I wonder what the dealer has to sign for? Amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    21 machines is half a million dollars. I wonder what the dealer has to sign for? Amazing.
    they pay waaaaaaaaaaaay less than MSRP.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]