Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   busy, busy getting things done! i've accomplished a few--more coming (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/busy-busy-getting-things-done-ive-accomplished-few-more-coming-t171003.html)

ckcowl 12-07-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Yount (Post 4758319)
Such beautiful work, How long did it take to do all them?

it's hard to say how long they took---the 3 downey quilts i stitched together one saturday morning---then quilted them on sunday morning---had them quilted before noon- then tossed them aside for a week- before i finally did the bindings-so i could get them out of the way- the raggy quilt i put the sandwiches together one evening watching a movie- stacked them up next to the sewing machine (in the way-so i'd have to get them stitched) did the cross stitching and put them together at the same time- took a couple hours i guess- then gave it to hubby to clip----washed/dried///taken out for a good shake :) and all done-
the other jungle quilt i think i actually pieced the same day i did the downey quilts
the homespun quilt was around for a while- i had a stack of homespuns- and made the blocks- sewed them together into strips- the checkerboard blocks i hand stitched at work during breaks- didn't really think about them winding up in the same quilt-
found i didn't have enough homespun blocks for a large quilt= got tired of stitching the checkerboards-wanted to do something different- one saturday i started laying them out---cut some muslin squares- decided i liked what was happening- and put it together- then it sat around for a couple months waiting for me to decide to quilt it.
the black & white one i pieced in a couple days at work- had just bought a vintage (1956) singer to have at work- and found i could get quite a few (bricks) put together in a short time period- stopped when i ran out of scraps of black & white that were big enough. brought it home & quilted it on the weekend the Tennessee waltz---that one---i had to (work at) i spent a couple weeks piecing that one---really didn't like that one- it frustrated me- but i really wanted to get it together- so i did---i will probably never make another one- but i'm glad i made that one- giving it to my youngest neice for christmas---she's gonna love it!

QandE2010 12-07-2011 02:22 PM

You should feel proud of yourself, along with being motivated. They are all very nice quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Cottontop 12-07-2011 03:25 PM

Good girl. How wonderful you are to do these beautiful quilts and give 'em away. Blessings

DeMaris 12-07-2011 07:24 PM

Those are absolutely wonderful....the recipent's will love them!!!

connie d 12-07-2011 08:02 PM

Very nice!!! I love your colors. :)

TanyaL 12-07-2011 08:05 PM

Your blue and white quilt is very pretty.

bigsister63 12-08-2011 05:57 AM

All are lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

jojosnana 12-08-2011 05:19 PM

Wow what a wonderful pile of gifts! Happy holidays to you.

judy363905 12-09-2011 09:53 AM

Wow you were busy ... super nice job on all Thank you for sharing your photos

Judy in Phx

sewmorethings 12-09-2011 11:55 AM

Lucky reciepients, the quilts are beautiful..........You sure have been a busy one