Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying Fabric on eBay (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-fabric-ebay-t105429.html)

Mari Lynn 03-06-2011 12:57 PM

Okay, everyone. I'm looking for four or five yards of dark chocolate brown toile with cream print or village print. I've checked with local quilt shops and it is a fabric that was out a few years ago and no one has any now. I am going to make an Ink Well quilt with browns and cream or beiges. I need suggestions on where I can purchase this fabric. Any help would be much appreciated!

barnbum 03-06-2011 01:16 PM

Wanted to add, I always use the "Buy it Now" choice--I'm never around to bid when I need to make changes and it's more time consuming.

Becky Crafts 03-06-2011 01:53 PM

I have had excellent luck buying fabric on e-bay. I do make sure they have a good record before I bid, but haven't been let down yet! Got some gorgeous stuff there!

bev195000 03-06-2011 02:00 PM

I purchase fabric on ebay all the time the only problem doing this is you never get to feel the fabric for the thickness and quality of it. I have had a couple of seller on Ebay who mislead the fabric by making buyers think the fabric is actually thicker than it actually is they do this by putting a piece of thick cardboard in between the fabric and wrap fabric around cardboard then take the picture.
It is annoying but feedback is there for a reason the sellers are doing themselves no favours by doing this as feedback reflects they fabric.
I have regular good fabric sellers which i use regularly

MTS 03-06-2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Wanted to add, I always use the "Buy it Now" choice--I'm never around to bid when I need to make changes and it's more time consuming.

Snipe it. :mrgreen:

quiltsillysandi 03-06-2011 04:09 PM

Haven't bought any in awhile, but in the past I've purchased fabric several times, got some really great deals...Have had no problems....

hobbykat1955 03-06-2011 04:55 PM

No problems...have bought and sold fabric on ebay

rexie 03-06-2011 08:03 PM

I have bought lots of fabric and the only drawback is not getting to feel it first. Some peoples opinion of cotton is different from others.

lclang 03-06-2011 09:06 PM

It is important to watch the number of strips or squares if you are buying jelly rolls or charms. Sometimes you can get fooled. So far I have done okay and the fabrics were great.

cowgirlquilter 03-06-2011 09:14 PM

I am pretty new to officialy "quilting" and even more new in regards to purchasing fabric on ebay.
I bought a big amount from two or three "main" fabric suppliers, and have never had a problem with either the price, quality or picture.

I will be posting some pics after I finish organizing my new stash and the shelves and brand new table my cowboy made for me, but have always had a pleasant and complete experience. Hope it helps!

PS If you want to know who I have ordered from, send me a pm and I will let you know. Some are actually members on our board here, which I feel is a positive!!