Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can anyone relate???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-anyone-relate-t211973.html)

rush88888 01-26-2013 03:35 AM

"worse-case scenario" is also how i try to think in order to get myself to cut up the lovely fabric i have.

about getting started...how 'bout spending a little more time with the inspiration quilt. look at it. touch it. talk about it with the store staff. perhaps that might put some of your fears to rest. best-case scenario is that the store will still have the fabric if you feel you have made a "mistake" and have to purchase more.

taiboo 01-26-2013 05:13 AM

There is no pattern to this quilt, i started working on it last night, i have two blocks done, I will post pictures of them after i charge my camera lol

bunniequilter 01-26-2013 06:08 AM

It can be hard letting go of what is familiar to us, there is a certain amount of comfort in what we know. Maybe start letting go with something a little less intimidating, like practice blocks and work your way to the bigger projects.

mighty 01-26-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 5812975)
Whenever I am afraid of a 'pattern' or technique, I go to my scrap bag, pull out the crappiest pieces I can find, and make a practice block. Why not try that as a gentle baby step into the world of 'letting go'.

I agree this will get you going!!!!

taiboo 01-26-2013 03:04 PM

Some pics of what i have done so far

2 Attachment(s)
This is what i was talking about when making this quilt. I must admit, it is getting easier as we go along. lol, on to block 6 lol

Vicki W 01-26-2013 03:22 PM

It is going to be a cute quilt, I love the colors that you chose.

Mdaniels 01-26-2013 05:42 PM

I have been designing as I go with my quilts. I have to remind myself this fun and I let the colors and fabric take charge. I learn with everything I do. If I tried to stick to a pattern, I'd put too much pressure on myself to be perfect. I am having a blast.

cutting the fabric the first time is the hardest with a new project. Once I get that done, I can roll along. Have fun and don't worry about making something bad. Its all good.

BellaBoo 01-26-2013 07:08 PM

No pattern then no mess ups to worry about.

jmoore 01-27-2013 03:56 AM

Looks great so far... I'm sure you will have fun with it.

I did a Turning Twenty for a Christmas gift and in July I had it all up on my design wall just the way I wanted it... since I live in two houses during the summer months, I didn't get back to my project for a few weeks.... only to discover 99% of it had fallen to the floor... I made myself crazy trying to put it back the way I had inially organized it... so I know what you mean.

jeaninmaine 01-27-2013 05:22 AM

Great color combination. I like how it's looking so far. Please continue adding pictures, I'm dying to see how the finished quilt looks.