Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   can you believe it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-believe-t33238.html)

sylslight 01-05-2010 09:44 AM

so here i am working on my froggy blanket...just got to the last two block to sew the last piece of the blocks togther before ironing and piecing and wouldnt you know it?!?! i am exactly two pieces short. i will still have enough blocks to make my blanket but i was soooo sure i counted properly! it's pretty funny when i think about it and the is no way i am going to the store to hopefully find more fabric...this is from my stash. what a wonderful world i live in where nothing goes right...but i am going to make lemonade anyway! ok, im done laughing and venting at the same time!!!! :roll:

quiltsRfun 01-05-2010 10:14 AM

I hear you. Don't you hate when that happens. I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

redrummy 01-05-2010 10:18 AM

I have been there, and I feel the same. I was sure I counted right, and yet....
you are farther along than me, I threw it in my ufo pile. Maybe this year it will be finished!!!!

Panther Creek Quilting 01-05-2010 10:19 AM

Yes, lemonade sounds good! The border for the quilt for my daughter is a few inches short. Stirring lemons now to see what I come up with!

Sheila

Shemjo 01-05-2010 10:22 AM

Have a snit and fume for a few minutes, then figure out how to salvage what you have. I have been there more times than I care to admit. I have a stash of really old fabrics, and trying to match something is nigh impossible, so I substitute, and go for the scrappy look!

vjengels 01-05-2010 11:09 AM

I have been in the same boat a few times! I have gone so far as to make the field smaller , add a larger border, or use the 'extra' blocks in a second border, near ( or in ) the corners, you know,.. just to make it a little more interesting, especially if it's a scrap quilt.So, don't be too hard on yourself.

MadQuilter 01-05-2010 11:32 AM

Wait until you are in a hurry and you cut the last piece for the last block with the last bit of THAT fabric on the planet and you also cut through two of the blocks that are already done. See what you say then. I could tell you but that kind of language is frowned upon. hehe.

Tiffany 01-05-2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by sylslight
so here i am working on my froggy blanket...just got to the last two block to sew the last piece of the blocks togther before ironing and piecing and wouldnt you know it?!?! i am exactly two pieces short. i will still have enough blocks to make my blanket but i was soooo sure i counted properly! it's pretty funny when i think about it and the is no way i am going to the store to hopefully find more fabric...this is from my stash. what a wonderful world i live in where nothing goes right...but i am going to make lemonade anyway! ok, im done laughing and venting at the same time!!!! :roll:

There's a trick you can do that will help. If you only need a small amount of fabric, scan the fabric into your computer and then print it out on the fabric sheets that are printer friendly. If you need a lot of fabric this isn't very cost effective but when you only need a little bit it can really be a lifesaver!!!

littlehud 01-05-2010 12:31 PM

I have done that and not handled it half a well as you. I can't wait to see the quilt.

littlehud 01-05-2010 12:31 PM

Sorry, I posted twice. :oops: :oops: :oops: