Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   cannot find my fabric. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cannot-find-my-fabric-t99150.html)

grann of 6 02-13-2011 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?

Nah!!!!Never!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Barbm 02-13-2011 04:32 AM

I was looking for a pattern that I had printed from the net. I know I had it.... . But then Adult ADHD set in and I started playing in the patterns I had printed. Organized them. (guess what, I recalled the name differently than what it was, so I was going past it)

Fabric- yep- looking for something, I start organizing and next thing I know, i don't remember what I was looking for.

I must have some of those gremlins too- do you think they attach themselves to the fabric when they leave the quilt shop? The shop is always organized and the ladies know where everything is, so they must lie in wait for us to purchase and jump in the bag.

#1piecemaker 02-13-2011 04:54 AM

Oh yea!!! Sometimes it right there n front of me. Othere times, I have stacked something else on top of it. Happened to me just yesterday. and that is only because I just got up this morning.

Lavada 02-13-2011 05:08 AM

funny how that happens reminds me of my kids they always blamed sam he lived in our attic and was always doing wierd things like leaving toys out so i just blame him for taking my fabrc

Rody 02-13-2011 05:16 AM

That's my clue I need to clean up and organize. Just did that yesterday because I lost a charm bundle I wanted to look through for a particular fabric. I swear sometimes Heavenly Father just hides things so I will stop and organize!

GailG 02-13-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?

I have binding strips cut out for a lap quilt and can't for the life of me find them. I have looked everywhere. So I cut out more strips (had to settle on another fabric -- darn) and sewed it on. Will probably find the previously cut strips shortly.

sonisew 02-13-2011 05:18 AM

All the time.

Zephyr 02-13-2011 05:26 AM

You aren't the only one. I bought three fabrics (several yards each) when we went to Hawaii over two years ago. I know I saw it once since then but still can't find it for the life of me. I was going to put it on QB to get some suggestions for a pattern, but not today!

pipp5 02-13-2011 05:29 AM

Looking now. I know it's there somewhere!

justlooking 02-13-2011 05:34 AM

Yes, with a lot of things. I seem to be looking for things more and more. Maybe I should be sewing more. Or how about going out to buy more fabric!