Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't believe new york visit over (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-believe-new-york-visit-over-t223277.html)

newjeepgreen 06-08-2013 01:15 PM

Can't believe new york visit over

Hi everyone, I cannot believe our trip is over. We had 11 wonderful days in New York City and other than a few days rain and thunder we saw everything and did everything we had hoped. I came back with 132 yards of fabric and cannot wait to get started to sew. You are so lucky to have the selection of fabrics and prices at your disposal. I think I am 2" shorter with all the walking we did but it was worth every minute. We took the open top buses and were well informed of all the places we visited. Time Square is something else even to sit and people watch is an experience and our family were able to see us on the camera there. GZ is a very emotional place to visit but what a beautiful memorial. Well will have to think of next years trip but later as our daughter is getting married in May so cannot plan too much for a while. Anyhow all went well and we had a safe and pleasant journey.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-08-2013 01:24 PM

It sounds like a wonderful vacation.

sweet 06-08-2013 01:44 PM

WoW 132 yards of fabric! (YEA) Can you share the fabric stores you went to and what were the best ones?

snipforfun 06-08-2013 03:35 PM

Did you go to City Quilter?

barri1 06-08-2013 03:57 PM

I'm glad you had a good time in NY.. Please come back again!!! People watching is one of my favorite things to do when I go into the city..

mcdaniel023 06-08-2013 05:37 PM

I am glad you had a great time. Please share where you shopped. My DD lives there and I am going to plan a visit very soon.

Murphy1 06-09-2013 06:13 AM

Love the City. There is so much to see and do there. Did you see any plays? Walking and the subways really make it easy to get around. How about art museums? Glad you had a good time.

nygal 06-09-2013 07:09 AM

I am so glad you enjoyed the Big Apple. The city is impressive.

newjeepgreen 06-10-2013 12:35 PM

Hi Again, Yes we did visit City Quilter but was a bit disappointed , not in the fabric but with the staff. No one else in the shop but us but they had to have their morning talk before even bothering to cut the fabric I wanted. What a difference when we discovered a little shop P & S fabrics on Broadway we could have stay there all day talking to them, then Diana Fabrics on West 38th Street, and Ayazmoon fabrics on 39th Street, and 35th Street Fabrics there were the odd little buys which I didn't get receipts for. I should say we also bought from N.Y. Fabrics on West 40th Street and he had a great range of bolts at $4 per yard. None of my fabrics were expensive but they are beautiful cottons. I don't really visit museums a lot and decided to spend time shopping.

cowgirlquilter 06-10-2013 01:46 PM

WOW what a vacation! Did you ship backthe 132 yards of fabric, or did you carry it back with you???? What a great way to remember a place you have visted!!!!