Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't stop looking at them! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-stop-looking-them-t219441.html)

Tippysmom 04-20-2013 04:42 AM

Have to confess, I fondle my fabric, too! Fabric Fondlers. Unite!

meanmom 04-20-2013 05:23 AM

I had a pile of pale batiks I had been collecting for something special. Not sure what that was but they were precious. I just made a quilt for my new GS who is due any minute. I had a really hard time cutting it up for his quilt. If my new GS isn't precious enough for my precious fabric collection I'm not sure who is. I still had a hard time cutting it up.
I totally understand!

tapngram 04-20-2013 05:37 AM

I have a hard time getting out so I shop online and my favorite is Connecting Threads. I just love their fabric and the service is so fast. I drool when I get online and look and can't buy.

berryberry 04-20-2013 05:43 AM

I've ordered twice now from Connecting Threads because of this board and each time I've been pleased. The fabric I've enjoyed using. A fabric can look good and feel good, but if it's a bear to work with I would soon not have it. I'm a pre-washer so sometimes it seems I get more strings than fabric which is not the case with the fabric I've gotten from Connecting Threads. I really like their thread, too. Thanks for introducing me to Connecting Threads.

Quiltlady330 04-20-2013 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 6010255)
Yes, I bought every batik charm square that they had in Connecting Threads last year and then went back and bought some FQ and yardage. The fabric felt wonderful and looked fabulous so I am with you 1000%. They were just lovely.

I bought some, too, and they are great to sew with. I was never disappointed.

kat13 04-20-2013 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6010394)
i have several favorites that i get out to use and end up putting back because i just can't cut them up :)

me too!! me too!! Like only using the "good" dishes at xmas. I'm sure one special project will make me use it....maybe.

klgls 04-20-2013 07:45 AM

I swear they put something in fabric that just makes you want to touch AND buy! :)

sewfriendly 04-20-2013 03:29 PM

I ordered from Connecting Thread for the first time, also. The fabric was beautiful and I couldn't believe how fast I got my order. However, 3 of the pieces were short. One was cut, I'm not sure how they did it, but one selvedge was the right length but when I put the selvedges together one was about 3 " too short. The material was folded straight and otherwise was good. That was about 3 weeks ago and don't know if it's too late to contact them. Anyone had a problem like this?

Luv Quilts and Cats 04-20-2013 03:31 PM

Yes! Just keep looking at it an petting them! Ideas will start to flow! I think we need to touch and feel the fabrics as a part of our nature.

susan... 04-20-2013 07:41 PM

sewfriendly..just contact them and they will make it right ...they are wonderful to work with.