Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't Stop Shopping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-stop-shopping-t228249.html)

Gannyrosie 08-18-2013 07:36 PM

Hi I'm Mary and I"m not a fabric holic ( yet ). But if I don't stop looking at sales on line I will be. Down South we just don't have the amount of people that make quilts as you do in the Northern States, so garage sales are not much help. But I did hit a good garage sale for some 100% white cotton top sheets ( yes I know), but for kids quilts they are great.

mountain deb 08-18-2013 09:13 PM

I think I am bordering between being a fabricholic and a fabric hoarder. Thrift stores, yard sales, auctions, misc. finds, just about anywhere there is fabric I WILL FIND. After being dry (not sewing for years), I am finally getting back into it. I have been designing and of course collecting --- for my retirement in a few years of course.

orangeroom 08-19-2013 02:02 AM

Hi! My name is Traci and I'm an addict. I'm addicted to fabric. Doesn't matter where it was born, if I like it, I buy it. If I love it, I may buy the whole bolt! I don't really want help. I'm ok with having this affliction. So far my dh is ok with it too. He's never told me I shouldn't or can't buy fabric. Thank goodness!

qwkslver 08-19-2013 02:34 AM

Oh yeah, I shop till I run out of money (and still I look). I've also become an enabler, my DIL is learning to sew and she needs supplies, right? :)

patchsamkim 08-19-2013 03:08 AM

New fabric has gotten too expensive. I had been selling some fabric, but decided that with the cost of new, I was better off to keep what I have, even if I use it for the backs of quilts. You never know what you might find at a garage sale...or good will...as long as it is good fabric, doesn't matter where it came from.

Lafpeaches 08-19-2013 03:24 AM

I need to stop buying so much fabric and not using it. I can't go into a fabric store without buying something. If I was rich it won't matter so much. When I start a new project, I buy new fabric instead of using what I have. I bought fabric for a quilt for my son and his fiance and didn't start it. Saw another pattern and class and bought the fabric for a quilt for them. Maybe I'll make them a 2 sided quilt.

quilts4charity 08-19-2013 05:10 AM

Well, guess I'm right there with the rest of you...I have cut back on buying so much new as I have a huge stash and hubby retires in 9 weeks so we gotta cut back on everything, I do buy if I find nice at my thrift stores or yard sales and maybe a piece or 2 to go with what I already have but I also give all my quilts away so just got to be a little more thrifty now with things so expensive.

Caroline S 08-19-2013 05:32 AM

My name is Caroline and I am a fabriholic. BUT I keep a spread sheet to record my thrift store fabric purchases to calculate the actual cost per yard. That way I can easily justify buying MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!

QuiltnNan 08-19-2013 05:34 AM

my name is Nancy and I'm a fabri-holic. How do I know... I just moved and had to pack it all LOL

pocoellie 08-19-2013 05:39 AM

Although I really don't "need" any more fabric, I still will buy at thrift stores, yard sales and at fabric stores.