Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cathedral Window Ornament (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cathedral-window-ornament-t136.html)

janiecurry 02-15-2007 08:09 PM

no, I can do pretty well on hand work but PP is out of the question. That is just too much to think about. I embroider, crosstitch and applique mostly, all of which can be done with a great OTT light and my cat in my lap. PP is something I am learning and yes, I do have quite a few patterns, but with copyright laws and such, what I have, I don't know the origins of, I have friends that have taught me and a lot of what I have comes from mags and such.

Country Girl 02-16-2007 08:25 PM

I'm new here...but I've learned so much! You all have been great with ideas and helpful hints...but now I have another question. A lady at Wal Mart was looking for some trim to put around her "ornament". It was done on a styrofom ball. The points are folded into what looked like rectangles turned in to make 2 triangles. Then she get folding pieces until it went half way around the styrofom ball.. Then she turned it around and done the same pattern on the other half. In the middle where they met, she put a pretty ribbon or trim around the center to cover the raw edged meeting. It was so cute. I'ld love to make some...I love to fold material and just make anykind of ornament I can. Hope I was somewhat explanatory....Help please. Thank you all for you great tips where to get free quilting patterns...I found several I like thanks to you all. You all are so smart out there! :D

judyjo 02-17-2007 06:29 AM

Hi Country Girl.....I made those ornaments years ago. A few of us "girls" made lots of them for the church fair and they were a big hit! I still have mine and would like to make some more but can't remember how. So...if someone sends in the pattern, I am interested in it also.

Judyjo

judyjo 02-17-2007 06:32 AM

Hi Janie, Xstitch is what I do in front to the tv too and find very relaxing, along with redwork, crocheting, knitting. I'm also new to pp and am learning. I did buy one pattern recently at a quilt store but all my other patterns have come from a friend or from sites that offer free pp patterns.

judyjo

heifer 09-21-2007 12:55 PM

I just joined this site so that I might be able to get the instructions for the cathedral windows ornament...I've been trying to find it on my own following the instructions from the various information posted, but have not been successfull...Please Help....

judyjo 09-22-2007 09:08 AM

Hi Heifer....I'm Judyjo and I put up the original post about the Cathedral Window ornament about 1-1/2 years ago. It is so far back now in the pages of this forum it is hard to find. If you send me your email address I will email you the attachments for the directions, illustration and photos.

Please PM JudyJo with your inquiries. Boo 9/24

heifer 09-24-2007 05:15 AM

Thank you so very much for all of your help and efforts...My email is

Edited by Boo 9/24 to remove personal info. Please use PM to pass on email addy.

needler 09-16-2009 12:45 PM

Don't know if this is the ornament or not, but will work for what
I want to do. :D

Thank you so much for finding this for me. I'll post pics
when I get this made. Hopefully (fingers crossed) this
week. :)

carol τΏτ

needler 09-16-2009 12:46 PM

I'd love to see a copy of your pattern. Trying to remember the
ornament from ages ago.

carol τΏτ

amandasgramma 09-16-2009 03:37 PM

I downloaded it! I clicked on download and then clicked on SAVE. Then after it saved to my computer, I clicked on OPEN. If you try to download and then OPEN, you won't be able to see it. (I think that's a VISTA thing)