Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cats and quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cats-quilting-t303954.html)

Jingle 04-01-2019 03:44 PM

When I am sewing, cleaning my two little dogs stay in their kennels (cages) and my cat Tarby is in her room. I have to stack two baby gates in the doorway or she will jump out. That was how they were contained when I worked and they still want to do that now that I am retired. Works out really well for me and them also.

copycat 04-02-2019 02:21 AM

Cats and Quilting!

4 Attachment(s)
Wilson is the grey cat. He has boundaries in the sewing room. He has a quilt to curl up on while I sew. He also loves to play with yo-yos I leave in a basket. He thinks he is being nice to let me in his play room to sew. :) Now he has a brother Simon to keep him busy. No going near the sewing machine is the rule...only on the day bed or looking out the window.

WMUTeach 04-02-2019 02:30 AM

Yes, my dear little pussy cat loves to snuggle under the quilt I am working on ..... while I am free motion quilting. My avitar is a small example of our deep friendship and how she gently pushes the limits. (Or maybe she is gently pushing my buttons, yuck, yuck, yuck.)

WMUTeach 04-02-2019 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8234533)
Yes, my dear little pussy cat loves to snuggle under the quilt I am working on ..... while I am free motion quilting. My avitar is a small example of our deep friendship and how she gently pushes the limits. (Or maybe she is gently pushing my buttons, yuck, yuck, yuck.)

Here is a photo I found of Scout the Quilting Cat doing her best to slow down my quilting.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]611146[/ATTACH]

hobbykat1955 04-02-2019 03:03 AM

Mr. PK Boo

2 Attachment(s)
Attached to my hip and needs to be with me every waking HR.
He does have boundaries, no sewing table when sewing. Never near anything gifting, he has his quilts, all others off limits. I make a nest of batting and left over fabric for him to sleep on in the sun, he knows that's his spot while I sew the day away. Of course he does have that built in alarm clock at noon for lunch and quitting time at three for a snack.

rjwilder 04-02-2019 03:42 AM

Mr. T, 20 pounds of orange fluff only comes into my sewing room when he wants attention. He has four small quilts I made for him. I call his name and we go to one of his favorite spots, put a quilt down, I scratch his cheeks and he goes to sleep. Then I get back to my sewing room.

lindaschipper 04-02-2019 04:08 AM

Husband and I rescued a stray cat on our property this year at night when it was -30 outside. His poor feet were frozen with ice. After seeing the vet and having treatments he's on his way to a good recovery. As for the sewing room....he'd rather sleep on the adjoining office couch in the sunshine. No problems sewing so far. His name is Mr. Sammy.

Fizzle 04-02-2019 04:17 AM

No cat but a Jack Russell (Sofi Jean) that has to be by me all the time.

Joset 04-02-2019 04:30 AM

my cat always helps me cut and sew. i have to be careful when cutting because she tries to play with my hands

MaggieLou 04-02-2019 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by StephanieR (Post 8234298)
Mine tries to catch the needle. I would love to know what's in her pea sized brain that makes her think that's a good idea.[ATTACH=CONFIG]611116[/ATTACH]

My tuxedo cat (Boots) does the same thing. I can usually put her down and she will go get on top of the large totes of fabric I have in my sewing room.