Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   cats vs. dogs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cats-vs-dogs-t13518.html)

DeneK 04-21-2011 06:20 PM

I apologize... I didn't read from the beginning. I only saw a page or so from the end where someone got their feelings hurt by someone who didn't like the postings.

I am sorry for assuming you were not being very nice.

cdobbert40 04-21-2011 06:52 PM

I guess we like both equally. Two Shi Tzu's, 1 black (Boba Fett) and the other Light Tan (Jengo Fett) and two cats, grey and white short hair (Shadow) and Black Long Hair (Sparta).

roselady 04-21-2011 07:05 PM

I have a cat and a dog. I definately relate better to dogs though. If I had to choose only one pet, there would be no question which I would choose.. a dog or many dogs!! My cat is a 12 year old tabby, Lily, she is a beautiful cat, but she is so independant, it drives me crazy, if I go out (she must live outside, my DH is allergic) to pick her up, she jumps out of my arms almost immediatly. I must sit down and let her decide if she will sit on my lap!!! My dog, part golden retriever, Rosie, is a love, she will follow me around just to be in the same room. I would love to have a couple more dogs.

cr12cats 04-21-2011 08:51 PM

we are down to 5 cats now----.1. -20 years old is a torquise shell
2. is 20 years old ragdoll
3. is 15 years old a orange tabby
4. is 14 years old a white and silver short hair
and 5. is a 2 year old that is black getting torquiose shell markings.( they were all feral rescue kitties)
by the way to tell how old your kitty is in human years : the first year is 15 and for each additional year is 4. example a 20 year old cat would be 15 plus (4x19) is 76 so 76 plus 15= 91

cr12cats 04-21-2011 08:52 PM

oops no message meant for here sorry

justflyingin 04-21-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
You may want to check out the seventy-five pages on this topic posted here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/705/1020.page

Besides cats and dogs, there are many other companions and their photos.

My only question is...why is this on the main page and not on the "other topics" pages...like "general chit-chat". I've seen posts about boxers and other animals and I click thinking it is related to quilting. Now I've seen them relating to quilts because the animal is sitting on a quilt--then at least we see a quilt....

But, i think this kind of topic should be in general chit-chat. Then those who come to the board thinking the topic is related to quilting, aren't disappointed into thinking somehow the discussion isn't related to cat-quilts or dog-quilts or even which animals is easier on quilts in your home...

quiltmaker 04-22-2011 04:18 AM

So let me get this correctly...this topic was started on 11/18/08 for a six week survey for fun that was to end on 12/30/08....and for some reason it was found somewhere in the depths of the archives and brought up again on 4/20/11... THREE YEARS & SOME MONTHS LATER!

There is NO survey going on now. It ended in 2008! You might like to start a new topic and survey that would include all the members who have joined since 2008 if you are so inclined! Plus it wouldn't start at page 7 of a long forgotten topic.

If you don't know the date of the original topics/posts it is listed above the posters name. Amazing what one might happen to wake up to in the morning. :cry:

butterflywing 04-22-2011 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin

Originally Posted by Moonpi
You may want to check out the seventy-five pages on this topic posted here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/705/1020.page

Besides cats and dogs, there are many other companions and their photos.

My only question is...why is this on the main page and not on the "other topics" pages...like "general chit-chat". I've seen posts about boxers and other animals and I click thinking it is related to quilting. Now I've seen them relating to quilts because the animal is sitting on a quilt--then at least we see a quilt....

But, i think this kind of topic should be in general chit-chat. Then those who come to the board thinking the topic is related to quilting, aren't disappointed into thinking somehow the discussion isn't related to cat-quilts or dog-quilts or even which animals is easier on quilts in your home...

because when this post was started, in the year of dirt, it didn't matter. then was then and now is now.

butterflywing 04-22-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
So let me get this correctly...this topic was started on 11/18/08 for a six week survey for fun that was to end on 12/30/08....and for some reason it was found somewhere in the depths of the archives and brought up again on 4/20/11... THREE YEARS & SOME MONTHS LATER!

There is NO survey going on now. It ended in 2008! You might like to start a new topic and survey that would include all the members who have joined since 2008 if you are so inclined! Plus it wouldn't start at page 7 of a long forgotten topic.

If you don't know the date of the original topics/posts it is listed above the posters name. Amazing what one might happen to wake up to in the morning. :cry:

when this got going, it didn't even last 6 weeks, so the 'survey' was never completed. btw, i never expected worms.

i can't begin to imagine how this was even found again.

quiltmaker 04-23-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing

Originally Posted by quiltmaker

when this got going, it didn't even last 6 weeks, so the 'survey' was never completed. btw, i never expected worms.

i can't begin to imagine how this was even found again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: