Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/challenge-stamp-block-quilt-tops-t144197.html)

oksewglad 08-26-2011 08:24 PM

I've got a few 9P done as leaders and enders while sewing a couple of borders on table runners and piecing a HST mini.
:-)

HummerGardenCrafts 08-27-2011 03:30 AM

I'm up and ready to get motivated to go to the Quilt House this morning.
I need to get lots done before Nascar comes on. Then I can come down and work by hand while watching that. I think it doesn't come on until late this evening. So plenty of time to get lots done.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-30-2011 07:27 PM

Mine is on hold until next week after Labor Day. I'm trying to get some things made for my quilt house. I want to be open Sat. Sun and Mon.
I can't cut any postage stamps until then. So please hold on to the ones you have for me until I can get mine cut.
While digging through my bins for needed fabric, I've seen some beautiful fabrics I want to cut for postage stamps.
I'll catch up.

Vicky K 08-30-2011 08:07 PM

i'm gonna wait until I receieve my swaps back. Then I will sort by color and go for it!

Crafty1 09-01-2011 03:12 PM

How is everyone coming along? I started going thru my scraps and started piles of squares. I will start after labor day, piecing blocks. I will try to do at least 1 - 2 blocks a week. There's so many other projects I need to do in between so I will not rush this one, especially since I didn't finish the other postage stamp top (it's sandwiched but not quilted yet) :oops:

Vicky K 09-01-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
How is everyone coming along? I started going thru my scraps and started piles of squares. I will start after labor day, piecing blocks. I will try to do at least 1 - 2 blocks a week. There's so many other projects I need to do in between so I will not rush this one, especially since I didn't finish the other postage stamp top (it's sandwiched but not quilted yet) :oops:

I have two quilts in that stage too. I'm nervous on quilting them so I'm prograstinating. Do you know how you want to do the quilting?

HummerGardenCrafts 09-01-2011 08:01 PM

I will get back to mine after Labor Day also. And get all my postage stamps cut for everyone too! Get those in the mail.

When I get my top done, I'm thinking of quilting X's in each box. Just do straight lines diagonal both ways. That will make really small squares quilted on the back.

Crafty1 09-02-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vicky K

I have two quilts in that stage too. I'm nervous on quilting them so I'm prograstinating. Do you know how you want to do the quilting?

Not yet, I'm procrastinating too. I like hummergardencrafts idea too of diagonals!

HummerGardenCrafts 09-02-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1

Originally Posted by Vicky K

Not yet, I'm procrastinating too. I like hummergardencrafts idea too of diagonals!

It might take a little bit more time to quilt it with the pieces being so small. But I think after it's done, it will be spectacular. And the backside will look neat also.

HummerGardenCrafts 09-02-2011 05:49 PM

You know I just now happen to think I got a couple of packages yesterday. I better check those out. I know it should be fabric in them.