Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Check the price of these fats! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/check-price-these-fats-t99384.html)

Zappycat 02-14-2011 11:43 AM

It's not the age of the fabric that determines the price... its that old supply and demand thing. It's out of print, so what's out there is out there and there won't be anymore. Some writes an article about it, or shows a pattern with something made from it and suddenly everyone wants to have it... and again, just because it is worth that much today doesn't mean it will be worth more or even as much in a year or so... by then, the trendsetters will have moved onto something else. I saw it first hand with the Rose and Hubble flower fairy and William Morris prints a few years ago. Today they sell sell for a lot, but not as much as they did a few years back when EVERYONE wanted them!

If I owned some of this fabric and wasn't absolutely in love with it... I would jump on the bandwagon and sell it now on eBay and use the money for something else that you want now!! The people selling it on eBay now probably bought it by the bolt at a wholesaler after it was discontinued. So, they will just keep selling and relisting until its gone.

SWChick 02-14-2011 02:20 PM

I went to ebay and looked under vintage fabrics and there was the bare chested cowboy fabric that you can still buy in shops. I got a bolt of it when it first came out at Hancocks with my 40% ticket and have made aprons out of a lot of it, same story with everyone who buys the aprons, it a bridal shower gift.

jals loves to quilt 02-14-2011 03:17 PM

they have got to be out of their minds to pay that for those!!

Patchworkmarion 02-14-2011 05:13 PM

We pay $6 or $7 here in Oz

Patchworkmarion 02-14-2011 05:14 PM

We pay $6 or $7 down here in Oz
Sorry about the double posting

craftymatt2 02-14-2011 05:36 PM

Some has lost their mind. I wouldn't pay that.

Karo 02-14-2011 05:42 PM

Bet that seller is doing happy dances !

katsewnsew 02-14-2011 05:47 PM

That seller had some pretty nice fabrics in her listings. I picked out a few, not bad pricing. Anyways, on our local news tonite, they were talking about cotton doubling in price now and the cost of clothing going up. I just sold half my stash, so I think maybe I better stock up. I looked at the Flea Market Fancy fabric that I have and it is not the same thing, mine is more a cotton twill fabric and I have 3 yards, 1 yd. of 3 different prints. I still plan on making a tote bag out of it for myself. Doubt if mine is worth any more than I paid for it. But that's ok because it is pretty!

galvestonangel 02-14-2011 05:56 PM

I can't believe a sane person would pay that much for a fat quarter. There is no fabric worth that much to me.

lynnie k 02-14-2011 07:34 PM

holly cow vintage fat quarters I didn't know they had fat quarters back then