Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Check your order carefully from Thread Art (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/check-your-order-carefully-thread-art-t208082.html)

Extreme Quilter 12-10-2012 06:48 AM

Check your order carefully from Thread Art

If any of you happen to order the 60-weight thread set of 30 spools from Thread Art (www.threadart.com), be sure to count your spools when you receive your order. I ordered two sets and both sets totaled the identical 29 spools and both sets were missing the same 30th spool. My sales receipt showed nothing being back ordered. A customer service rep this morning said they were out of the "white spool" and she would see that I receive two spools when they come in in January. I asked if I had not called would I have automatically received the two spools as a back order and she said no. So if you are ordering "complete sets" of threads, don't assume they are all there. And if they are not, call them; don't assume there is a back order. If you pay for a 30 spool thread, that's what you should get. Otherwise, they should explain the reason for the missing item(s) and make a price adjustment or indicate a back order.

This is my first order with Thread Art and it may be my last if I never receive the two missing spools. Anyone have any feedback regarding Thread Art?

bearisgray 12-10-2012 06:57 AM

That is odd - I would have been a very unhappy camper with that order!

And that response would not have made a good impression, either!

Raggiemom 12-10-2012 07:13 AM

I probably wouldn't order from them again anyway. That's dishonest that they weren't going to send you the missing spools regardless of whether you called or not.

dunster 12-10-2012 07:53 AM

That's very disappointing. I guess they don't realize how quickly word travels.

BellaBoo 12-10-2012 08:14 AM

I know I won't be ordering from there. The attitude of 'oh well, sorry you paid for 30 and only got 29 is not our fault' is not a company I would ever give my money to.

wolph33 12-10-2012 08:17 AM

that is not a good way to do business at all.shame on them.glad you caught it and called them

Extreme Quilter 12-10-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by wolph33 (Post 5710655)
that is not a good way to do business at all.shame on them.glad you caught it and called them

Well, I caught them in shorting my order without notifying me, but the saga is not over yet since I have yet to see if they keep their word on sending me the two spools when they come in in January. I will be pestering them in January until I get the two spools they owe me. I paid for 30 colors and, by golly, I'm going to get what I paid for; otherwise, they owe me a credit.

Does anyone have anything good to say about their experiences with Thread Art?

crafty pat 12-10-2012 09:19 AM

Thank you for telling us. I sure will not order from them.

Quilty-Louise 12-10-2012 09:24 AM

I placed an order from them on eBay when I got my first embroidery
machine. It was a 150+ (can't remember exactly how many now) spool
set.

I did not get the black thread when I called them about it they told me
that it was out of stock and would ship to me once it came in. About a
week later I received the 5000 yard (mega) spool of black.

Quite honestly I never had good luck with their thread in my machines.
Gave all that thread away to someone who wanted and liked the ThreadArt
brand. I switched over to buying/using the Floriani brand and totally LOVE
how well it runs in both my embroidery machines.

This is just my PERSONAL opinion by no means is this as a suggestion NOT
to buy from them. You have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

greensleeves 12-10-2012 09:28 AM

I've only ordered from Thread Art a couple of times and I ordered specific colors and cones. I received my orders quickly and everything was correct. They have been offering many specials recently and I can see why they might have been out of a popular color however they should have indicated a backorder and possible shipping date for missing items. Try emailing threadart and see what response you get from someone other than the service rep. As with any business I'm sure they want happy customers and might not be aware of what has transpired.