Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Chicken Scratch Embroidery on gingham (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/chicken-scratch-embroidery-gingham-t649.html)

Yvonne 03-03-2007 09:08 PM

We'll be very patient waiting as long as we know pictures will be coming soon. :lol: Everything is a new learning experience, isn't it! Even the relearning is a new learning experience :!:

quiltgirl53 03-09-2007 01:04 PM

JudyJo,This quilt is soooo pretty :thumbup: In such beautiful shape, I've never seen one like that before. Becky from Pa Quiltgirl53

kathy 03-09-2007 01:36 PM

Yvonne, that is sooo kewl, I've never heard of it before but it's beautiful.
kathy

bevalee 10-12-2007 06:16 AM

can u please tell me how to download this flower pattern? or any patterns
for the chicken scratch embroidery.

thanks
bevalee

Cathe 10-12-2007 06:28 AM

Pretty! I always associate it with aprons.

lin 10-12-2007 06:41 AM

That's so pretty Yvonne! I'd love to know how to do that stitch too. I do have an embroidery book to look through. I bet it has that stitch. But it's great to see how it can be used so successfully!! Like I don't have enough to do. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Madelyn 02-29-2008 07:18 AM

When I first tried to find Chicken Scratch patterns, about a year ago, I found very little on-line about the craft. This morning, I Googled "Chicken Scratch embroidery" again, and got lots of hits. I didn't find many patterns, but lots of pictures to use as guides.

From what I've seen on many of the sites, you could just trace whatever design you want - animals, birds, butterflies, hearts, etc. - onto the gingham, then do your own version of the Chicken Scratch. I've seen examples where every square was embroidered, as well as examples where the design was just outlined in C/S. Both are very interesting and very pretty.

So, don't give up - try Googling again and see what's out there now.

Madelyn

joyful_noise 02-29-2008 04:36 PM

Yvonne, OOOOOPS !! Looks like we have almost the same avatar !! Did you take that picture? I took this picture at a restaraunt on the Oregon coast. BUT, you have been here lots longer than I have, so I will find a different pic to use as my avatar. :lol: There were lots of pretty flowers at that restaraunt :!:

Yvonne 02-29-2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by joyful_noise
Yvonne, OOOOOPS !! Looks like we have almost the same avatar !! Did you take that picture? I took this picture at a restaraunt on the Oregon coast. BUT, you have been here lots longer than I have, so I will find a different pic to use as my avatar. :lol: There were lots of pretty flowers at that restaraunt :!:

Oh, you don't have to change your pretty rose. I change my pic from time to time so no problem. I do like your dahlia though!

astitch 01-30-2010 01:43 PM

Hi, I have just joined your group because I am interested in chicken scratch embroidery and also doing a quilt. In my searches I saw your picture showing the the white CS flower on green gingham and it really caught my eye. I hope one day to be able to do something similar. I have not yet looked round the site properly but assume there is a picture of the quilt mentioned in here somewhere to help me with a few ideas.
Keep stitching and keep well