Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-coming-christmas-coming-t142011.html)

Ellageo 08-04-2011 07:19 AM

I love the love you show for your family!! That is just why I do it also. I have 28 this year!! to do!! Everyone must see everyone elses..because I try to make them just for them, and everyone wants to see 'why'...theirs is what it is.
One Christmas my daughter in law, was a little upset, why I gave her a donkey, until I explained. "you collect crosses, & the donkey that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday,had the shadow of the cross fall onto his back, and is present today on many donkeys" She smiled, when she understood her special ornament.

MillieH 08-04-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo
I love the love you show for your family!! That is just why I do it also. I have 28 this year!! to do!! Everyone must see everyone elses..because I try to make them just for them, and everyone wants to see 'why'...theirs is what it is.
One Christmas my daughter in law, was a little upset, why I gave her a donkey, until I explained. "you collect crosses, & the donkey that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday,had the shadow of the cross fall onto his back, and is present today on many donkeys" She smiled, when she understood her special ornament.

28!!! Oh, my gosh! I have only 8 to do: 2 sons, 2 DIL's, 4 grandchildren (girl 13, boy 8, twin boys 1).

Tussymussy 08-04-2011 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I make these for family members.

MillieH 08-04-2011 08:06 AM

An idea for others: consider fabric or craft materials with family meaning to make any pattern you choose special: See JCL in FL's mittens on page 4 of this thread for an example. Other ideas for source materials are grandfather's/father's old silk ties, parts of scarves or doilies a relative made (old ones that aren't in good shape but still have good parts), buttons from a grandmother's button box--you get the idea.

wannaquilt1 08-04-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo
Every year I used to buy an ornament for the Children & Grandchildren. Then I started making them using fabrics that ,I feel, represent them. BUT!! I'm running out of 'new' ornament ideas...need help!! THANKS!! & Merry Christmas!!!

Here are some pics of past ornaments...I love crafting of any kind!! but was thinking, something with fabric. :)

wow i love your fabric bulbs... can you share your pattern?

Lv2sew2011 08-04-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
Christmas is coming? We haven't had summer yet!

Lucky you we have had 39 days of 3 digits numbers...I wish fall would fall upon us, I usually don't complain about summer but this summer is a killer!

Jammin' Jane 08-04-2011 08:47 AM

So many great ideas!
Yup, I bookmarked this post!!
Thanks everyone for all the great links!

Ann912 08-04-2011 10:09 AM

Thanks for the links!

Damienvon3 08-04-2011 10:56 AM

Wow! I have done a lot of bookmarking from this post! Thanks everyone!

SUZAG 08-05-2011 04:00 AM

This is one of the best postings! I've gotten so many ideas!