Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas Gifts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-gifts-t273481.html)

sewbeadit 12-21-2015 05:53 PM

Those ornaments are awesome, what a great idea and so cute!

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 7408665)
Every year I 'try' to handmake an ornament for my Children & Grandchildren. Every now & then I buy ornaments. This year I asked for a piece of outgrown, worn out, etc clotning. Here are the results! (one family STILL! didn't bring items!!)

tammyg 12-22-2015 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 7408665)
Every year I 'try' to handmake an ornament for my Children & Grandchildren. Every now & then I buy ornaments. This year I asked for a piece of outgrown, worn out, etc clotning. Here are the results! (one family STILL! didn't bring items!!)

Those are so cute...... :-)

tropit 12-22-2015 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 7409842)
What's an animal yo-yo?

A Yo-yo animal is a doll, or "stuffed animal" made by stacking yo-yos together and then sewing through the center of the stack. You can make arms, legs, necks...whatever you want, then stitch them together to create an animal, or doll. I'm going for an octopus, but I may run out of yo-yos. :(

~ C

Ellageo 12-22-2015 05:38 AM

The are MADE out of the clothes they sent. Two of them were 'lost socks'!!

[QUOTE=tropit;7409634]Ellageo...those ornaments are so cute! Are they modeled after the clothing that they sent? Or, are they actually MADE of the clothing that they sent? Either way, they are so sweet!

I'm working on 2 quilts that must be done by Christmas, 2 more quilts that can wait until after Christmas, mug rugs, pillow covers, yo

JustAbitCrazy 12-22-2015 04:06 PM

What awesome things you have all made! Thanks for asking this question ad thanks for sharing your photos! I've really enjoyed seeing all these beautiful and clever items!

hobbykat1955 12-22-2015 07:08 PM

My Christmas gifts

4 Attachment(s)
Below are a few gifts I made and will or have given away for Christmas.
I make tops every month and mail to a Church Quilt Guild in KY for Cancer patients. They complete them and then give to whomever needs one. They asked for male quilts since most woman make quilts for woman. So I concentrate on doing those for them.
The crocheted Sunflower blanket is for a Quilt friend I met here yrs ago and we communicate via email and will finally meet in person in 2016 after 5 yrs of talking and skyping online...She knits I don't, I crochet she doesn't so we're exchanging our other talents this yr instead of a quilted item.

needles3thread 12-22-2015 08:45 PM

Those little sweaters are as cute as can be.

sewellie 12-23-2015 03:50 PM

Tropit, do you have a picture of the yo-yo animal? I can't visualize them. Sorry

1screech 01-05-2016 01:33 PM

All all are beautiful, but I really love the black pinwheels quilt. I think I can figure out the patern, unless you know the name. I love all the colors with the black prints. I want to make this one.

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7407959)
These are the three quilts I am giving my nieces this year. (I think I have previously posted pics in the photo section of them.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538382[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538383[/ATTACH]