Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Civil War Journals BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/civil-war-journals-bom-t177069.html)

Christine- 01-26-2012 02:33 PM

Civil War Journals BOM

Hi! Is anyone else making this quilt? I started it just last week and I'm looking for buddies. The pattern includes instructions to make a full size quilt or you can make 4 smaller quilts.

rehrensberger 01-26-2012 03:44 PM

Hi,
I just started working on blocks from a book I purchased called "The Civil War Diary Quilt" by Rosemary Youngs. There are 121 different blocks. I am struggling with someone of them, I'd rather not paper peice each block. It is a challenge and if I do 1 block at a time I should eventually get them finished.
rehrensberger

sweetana3 01-27-2012 03:55 AM

I just got last year's Civil War BOM pattern in a garage sale. I think it would be great in a scrappy set of civil war fabrics.

pinkberrykay 01-27-2012 05:24 AM

I was thinking about it, but they amount of money I figured it was costing me was not worth it. I plan on doing a civil war quilt on my own, with a pattern of course.:)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-27-2012 11:32 AM

Gee, I will try again to reply to your post; the first attempt apparently disappeared into Cyper Space. Yes, I am doing the Civil War Journal and would be happy to compare notes, pictures, hints, etc.,

Received my first packet of material and read over the instructions; love that it is from the children's point of view.

JudyTheSewer 01-27-2012 04:24 PM

Yes, I have only received the first packet. I am making the full sized quilt and may try to do something to make it even a bit bigger. I am making one using the fabrics provided by my quilt shop and I am making a second full sized one using my own Cival War fabrics. I am done making those first 16 blocks - it is a lot of fun and a beautiful quilt. I have never joined a group to make a quilt and this is really a nice change (a bit more expensive than I am used to but I guess I only live once). I'd love to share progress and notes! I am also on the 2012-2013 Dear Jane thread and making two of those at the same time. Needless to say, I am behind on the DJ!

T-Anne 01-27-2012 05:36 PM

Yes, please count me in! My first package has arrived but I haven't opened it yet. We are snowbirds and it arrived at home and I am not at home! LOL The second month will have arrived by the time we get home, but I can hardly wait to get my hands on the project.

Grace creates 01-27-2012 08:08 PM

I will do my own to. I have some civil war fabric, need some red's but that's it. I think BOM are pricey for my budget and I also enjoy picking out my fabrics. grace

buddy'smom 01-28-2012 09:24 AM

I'm doing both the Civil War Quilt Diary and CW love Diary. I think I have 50 blocks done on one and 75 on the other, doing all scrappy civil war fabrics.

Carol Hupp 01-28-2012 11:47 AM

I am making the Civil War Journal Quilt bom with the KKK's Quilt shop in Hillsboro, Illinois. We cut the middle blocks for the center last week. I could not wait to sew the blocks. Mine are done and I do not get the next part till the middle of February. I'll just have to wait. It will be a beautiful quilt when it is done. I am making the large one.