Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Clean up your sewing room. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/clean-up-your-sewing-room-t93709.html)

Debra Mc 01-25-2011 08:22 AM

Well I have been on the task of sorting my stash & supplies. My gosh I didn't know I had so much stuff. It is getting plum scary. I spent most of Sunday afternoon rolling lace & tying it together, shorter pieces went into ziplock bags. Some were at least 10 yds bundles. I know I have some that may be 30 yrs old. Been trying to get all the christmas seperated from rest of stuff & that box is growing like rabbits. You really don't know what you got till you do this. I dare say I have enough stash to keep me busy for 4 quite a few years. One lady the other day said she spent $3000.00 last year alone. Houston I think we have a problem. What dear, no that isn't new, just been laying around a while. :roll:

Tink's Mom 01-25-2011 08:28 AM

My hubby was home sick last week....and I came home from Joann's with a bunch of flannel and a couple from the closeout tables....I forgot he was home! Just walked in and he said " and I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... :oops:

Debra Mc 01-25-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My hubby was home sick last week....and I came home from Joann's with a bunch of flannel and a couple from the closeout tables....I forgot he was home! Just walked in and he said " and I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... :oops:

Why yess dear. Had to match thread you know. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dingle 01-25-2011 08:36 AM

I try to keep mine cleaned up as I go. I always make sure everything is where it needs to go after I'm done with a project so I have a clean area to start the next one. This weekend I bought another load of fabrics that I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. WM is getting ready to do their summer line of fabric and have the fabric marked down 25%. It should go down to 50% this week so I'm watching for that. I'm beginning to think most of us on this board could be on Hoarders just for our quilting toys. :shock:

moonwork42029 01-25-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

He was delirious from being sick

lyndad 01-25-2011 08:39 AM

My DH never asks or says anything about my stashes, he just laughs and says as long as it makes you happy.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-25-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by lyndad
My DH never asks or says anything about my stashes, he just laughs and says as long as it makes you happy.

Your DH sounds like mine. He says he just wants me to be happy.

ontheriver 01-25-2011 09:22 AM

I spent all weekend reorganizing and moving things around in my sewing room. Wanted to make more room for more stash. Going to try to hit some sales and stock up before prices are way out of range. My BF put up a long shelf above my windows to hold things I don't use alot. It made a big difference in giving me space. My BF does not say a word about anything I buy that is quilting related, he will even go with me and help match colors or find a specific fabric. In return, I do not say a thing about how many tools or lumber he buys for his woodworking hobby. I just give him lists of things I want him to make me, LOL.

Japonica 01-25-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by lyndad

Mine says I am like that commercial for IKEA where the lady drives up in a tractor trailer yelling they're having a sale, I'm going back for more!!!! :roll: :lol:

I go To The Sea To Breathe 01-25-2011 09:27 AM

That is too funny you all.