Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-our-sewing-areas-lets-start-t32793.html)

Deecee 01-01-2010 08:27 PM

Tip for magazine storage:

I have a cupboard shelf in the loungeroom that hold approx 100 mags/books (in date order). When the shelf is full I take out the oldest 25 and sort them. I tear out (or photocopy) patterns I want to keep - these go into plastic pockets in binders (in my sewing room) and pass the remainder on to a quilty friend who goes through them, then passes them on etc. etc.

I then have room to collect more current books.

My mag/book stash stays up-to-date without increasing the space used and my unwanted mags do the rounds to a multitude of other quilty people.

Pam G 01-01-2010 10:12 PM

I spent about 3 hours in my room today.
** Cleaned off desk and floor by desk
** Setup two of my filing cabinet drawers
** Started clearing off my cutting table, about 1/2 way done

Gonna try to clear off sewing table & ironing board tomorrow

amma 01-02-2010 12:38 AM

WOW!!! You are all very ambitious :D:D:D

watterstide 01-02-2010 03:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Good for you PAM G! Awesome, i spent hours in my room too, it doesn't look like i did..but the room is about 25 pounds lighter!
I plan on going back in there again today. My son is cheering me on from Afghanistan! (i just got an email from him)

Re:Magazine storage.DeeCee, Great idea, i think i am addicted to magazines. I let all my subscriptions run out ,but one. I try to use a coupon for any i "gotta have".

brushandthimble 01-02-2010 06:08 AM

I have one of the wooden drying racks, I store quilt tops that are waiting to be loaded on the frame. I covered the wood poles with a piece of batting and muslin.

judyq 01-02-2010 06:52 AM

YAY!!! One little victory! The scrap bin is empty, strips all sorted by size, squares all sorted by size, now to find something to store them all in! Off to my favorite Quilting Coop in Asheboro, NC to 'loiter'! LOL Spend my Sat. mornings there and Tuesday nights. Have a great day organizing/quilting! Ciao!

brushandthimble 01-02-2010 06:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
my downstairs studio/classroom
Needs to be cleaned up for classes resuming Monday.
I teach quilting on Mon nights, and painting on Thur nights.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-02-2010 07:19 AM

And do remember to look your best, keep your lipstick handy. lol

DA Mayer 01-02-2010 07:31 AM

I have most of my fabric in the plastic drawer carts, but I keep finding more in other places. I want to use the folding tip using the ruler for folding. I don't know if I can find them but at a place I worked we used plastic dividers with tabs that were about the size of the folded fabric. I think it was from a medical chart supply company. Better get moving if I want to get anything accomplished.

rainbowquilt 01-02-2010 07:38 AM

OH I love Freecycle. It is where i have received most of the fabrics that i have for all my projects!

Craigslist.com is a great place also!

Happy Quilting!

Sherri :)