Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-your-sewing-space-join-me-t32586.html)

beckyw 12-31-2009 06:23 AM

I'm in because I need help.

Bevanger 12-31-2009 06:34 AM

i'm almost afraid to ask cuz i don't want anyone to think bad of me, but if while cleaning your rooms and you wanna thin out your stash can you please send my way? I so enjoy making scrappy quilts and the more variety of fabrics i have, the more i love it. I just can't buy fabrics anymore. But PLEASE do not think bad of me for asking. its embarrassing enough. :oops:

Emjay 12-31-2009 06:37 AM

I'll join you. I'll even take "before" pix.

Thanks for the challenge.

ldwyer10934 12-31-2009 06:42 AM

It's that time of year to make resolutions and I think that organizing my stash should be one the top ones. Hopefully doing this together will give us the incentive to get it done.

Emjay 12-31-2009 06:44 AM

Hey! your sewing area looks pretty good.

watterstide 12-31-2009 06:44 AM

Will be sending scraps your way this weekend or monday..

you can start anytime you want..january is just a time when i stay out of the cold and snow and i just thought we could all use some support,while getting something done!
No RULES! just try to devote a little time each day or week..the only reason i thought pictures would be nice..is you will be able to see the difference..sort of make you feel like your accomplishing something..a little bit at a time..

Get ready to post some hints on organizing..what do you find works for you, such as storange ideas,how do you stack or arrange your stash...hits,tips..new uses for old things.

Ellis' Granny B 12-31-2009 06:45 AM

I'm with you. I already started so...."Great minds work alike" :lol: I look forward to any suggestions to help. My challenge is , I do not want to drill any holes in the walls because my husband is retiring next year and we may have to sell our lovely home.I pray not. As I speak I do have two closets in this room. If I can only shift all of the clothing into another closet, room or someone elses home... I will do well :lol:

weezie 12-31-2009 06:50 AM

HOLY MOLEY! Y'all are going to hate me when you read this, but I can't see how you can find anything if your sewing room is cluttered. (I SAW THE PICTURES!) Everything in my sewing areas has to be in its correct place, because if I reach for something and it's not there, I'm afraid my head will start spinning around and around like Linda Blair's did in "The Exorcist" and I'm just afraid to think of what might start spewing out of my mouth (%%$$##@#%^&*). I'm not phobic, but clutter has always been my enemy. (If I wasn't so old, tired, and lazy, I could hire myself out as an organizer.)

kasmitty1 12-31-2009 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
I cleaned mine but then it got messy again, because that is also where I wrap my presents.

Ditto!

judyq 12-31-2009 06:54 AM

Where is the photo album? Where can I see the pics? (don't know how to navigate around this site too well yet) :o)