Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Clothspin bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/clothspin-bag-t139802.html)

wvdek 07-25-2011 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love to hang our clothes out on warm to hot days.
I just posted a new bag I made a couple of weeks ago. I cut a bag up I got from a past friend and whose fabric choice I did not like and copied the pattern from that. Since I do not know where it came from, I don't think I should share it.
However, follow the links some have posted and then tweak those patterns for your bag.
I think I posted all pics of this under Pictures. Just Search clothespin bag. Tru-Value hardware is where I got some of my pins. Of course the others I use are over 35 years old and stll in good condition because I alway's take them off the line and bring the bag inside.

leslierosek 07-25-2011 09:41 PM

To me the dress seems hard to get in and out of. I wanted something I could access easily. I used a new dish towel and a hanger. I found the idea somewhere on line. To dress it up I appliqued a wool running bunny and some "pennies". It turned out cute. It was a little tricky because the towel I used wanted to stretch.

mtspools 07-26-2011 04:59 AM

Very cute --thank you for sharing

Dona Heater 07-26-2011 09:39 AM

I hang my clothes out on the line this morning.

kay_in_pa 07-27-2011 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is. The elastic sewn inside the back of the collar keeps it from sliding off the hanger, but it's still easily removable. And the capacity volume is adjustable depending on how many buttons you leave open.

Clothes Pin Bag from Shirt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232314[/ATTACH]

debp33 07-27-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kay_in_pa
Here it is. The elastic sewn inside the back of the collar keeps it from sliding off the hanger, but it's still easily removable. And the capacity volume is adjustable depending on how many buttons you leave open.

Thanks for the visual!

navasota320 07-27-2011 08:19 AM

I still use one that I made from a dress I made for my daughter when she was about 2 or 3. She's now 45 years old. The dress is really ugly but I wouldn't part with it for anything.

IowaStitcher 07-27-2011 07:12 PM

I did something like this with a little girl's skirt - about size 6. Sewed the bottom shut and put the frame from my old clothespin bag in the waistband. So cute!

IowaStitcher 07-27-2011 07:20 PM

Hanging out clothes is the "green" thing to do and they smell FANTASTIC! Take that, silly husband. :)
As for neighborhoods that don't want clothes lines: Our daughter wanted one and wasn't sure about the "rules" We bought her an umbrella-style clothesline with a sleeve to hold it that stays in the ground. Then I made a cover for it as it is folded up for storage. She starts the load of clothes, runs out with the clothes line, sets it up and hangs the clothes. When they are dry, the line/frame is folded,covered and stored in the garage. No one really has time to complain, especially if they are all at work during the day.