Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Collecting free quilt patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/collecting-free-quilt-patterns-t216437.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-15-2013 07:34 AM

Collecting free quilt patterns

How many of you look for free quilt patterns on line? I have found many and have one binder full already. With these and the patterns I have bought and books I have bought, I'll be quilting for ever! Sometimes, I just like to look through them and imagine what fabrics I would use, how I would embellish it. This cheers me up to no end. I am not a fast quiltmaker, as my quilting friends can attest. It's kind of a joke amongst us, that I talk more than quilt at our get-togethers. Lately though, since maybe last November, I have actually astounded them and have been actually sewing more than talking! And I have been doing more quilting on my own as opposed to waiting for our monthly get-togethers. I think they think I am not feeling well LOL! Anyway, I seem to be on a roll getting my UFOs done and planning what I will work on next. Anyone else like this....finding free patterns and hoping to do everyone?

MartiMorga 03-15-2013 07:44 AM

I am a new quilter and find that I am always downloading patterns, I have so many that there isn't enough time for me to do them all. I wonder how much of my memory on this lap top is used up with those and the free embroidery designs I have on it. Why do I do this and will I ever use them, do I really like them that much? I dread the day I try to "organize" this mess . . . but yet here I am just now asking for one from a fellow board member.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 03-15-2013 07:49 AM

Have a good size file box full, have bought a few and then also have magazines and books by the gross, I will never be able to make all the quilts, but continually see something else I would love to make. lol good luck everyone.

mighty 03-15-2013 07:58 AM

I have collected some, but try not to over do it!

crafty pat 03-15-2013 07:58 AM

At 74 I just keep collecting patterns. I know there is no way I will ever make a dent in them but I love them all. I got all my DM's patterns and she had a lot. I will pass them all along to my DD.

GrannieAnnie 03-15-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats (Post 5929886)
How many of you look for free quilt patterns on line? I have found many and have one binder full already. With these and the patterns I have bought and books I have bought, I'll be quilting for ever! Sometimes, I just like to look through them and imagine what fabrics I would use, how I would embellish it. This cheers me up to no end. I am not a fast quiltmaker, as my quilting friends can attest. It's kind of a joke amongst us, that I talk more than quilt at our get-togethers. Lately though, since maybe last November, I have actually astounded them and have been actually sewing more than talking! And I have been doing more quilting on my own as opposed to waiting for our monthly get-togethers. I think they think I am not feeling well LOL! Anyway, I seem to be on a roll getting my UFOs done and planning what I will work on next. Anyone else like this....finding free patterns and hoping to do everyone?

I've got more than I could ever use with my books and magazines and photos copied from here!

QuiltnNan 03-15-2013 08:17 AM

i don't have them on paper, but i have a computer file full of quilt ideas. i'll never get to them all, either :)

roadrunr 03-15-2013 09:14 AM

I save free patterns on my work computer and print them off when I decide to make them. That way I save lots of paper!

meldmac 03-15-2013 09:18 AM

I haven't done this with quilting patterns but you should see my cross stitch pattern collection, really need to clean that up!

ArtsyOne 03-15-2013 10:01 AM

I have three super-sized binders full of photos of quilts I'll make "some day". Wish I hadn't discovered the Pictures section of this site, and Flickr and Pinterest because of the thousands of beautiful quilts that I can use for inspiration. As for actual patterns, I have maybe 10 if I don't count the 15 years of quilt magazines on the bookshelves.