Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which color?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/color-t288481.html)

quiltingcandy 05-24-2017 08:07 PM

Is there any chance you have a Beverly Fabrics near your home? The one that I live near in San Diego carries the Moda Marbled fabric - I use it a lot and there is a good chance they would have it. You may be able to call and see if they have it. If you want to go with what you have, I would use either the darkest one on the left or the center one, since it kind of picks up the light and dark of both of your blues.

CMQUILTER 05-24-2017 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 7830436)
I think you could do the second but I think the third one would work too since it appears to have some lighter blue in it.

By the way, love the quilt!

I agree with SuziSew

mamagrande 05-24-2017 08:47 PM

Well, I just ordered 2 yds of Dutch Blue 9880-42 for $23. and if this is not it then I will use the closest one. After I finish this quilt I will then have to look for a pattern that uses different blues in a quilt. haha

I want a 4 inch blue border and then I'll add a 6" floral border then I want the blue for binding. The quilt will end up being 86 x 86. I still don't who I will give this to, but I will probably keep it for now and write on the label who it goes to when I'm gone.

Thanks for all your comments it did pushed me in the direction that I took.

paoberle 05-25-2017 03:33 AM

This is one of those cases where I would look locally to find a blue to match. Blues are almost impossible to match when buying online. I would try to match the dark blue lattice.

Reba'squilts 05-25-2017 03:35 AM

Take the other pieces out of the picture and audition the 3rd from the left by itself. Just walk by it every now and then and see if it begins to look like it belongs there. I hate when I run out of a perfect fabric and can't find any more. Sometimes I take pictures of each choice and keep looking to see which one works best. I understand not wanting to buy more, it is irritating to have a stash and not find the perfect match in it!

lovingLakeMich 05-25-2017 04:21 AM

Moda Marbles are lovely fabrics but the dye lot makes a HUGE diference in matching. I visited 3 Fields Fabrics on a Row by Row shop and had one of the fabrics to match with me. The third shop I visited had the best match.

ArtsyOne 05-25-2017 05:44 AM

How about a narrow stop border in one of the other blues that you found and then bring in something from the print for your primary border?

momsbusy 05-25-2017 05:47 AM

Have you considered using squares of the lighter blue in each of the corners of the border?

salederer 05-25-2017 07:01 AM

I agree with those who voted for second from left. Please post a pic when done.

Kitsie 05-25-2017 07:21 AM

I would tear off what you have sewn on (I know, but...) And get enough of one of the others for the whole border/binding.