Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Colored pencils and quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/colored-pencils-quilting-t131922.html)

SewExtremeSeams 07-11-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by SueSew
Simply breathtaking! I love it.
Attached is a photo closeup of a quilt which won the big award at Vermont Quilt Festival. according to the attendant who was guarding the quilt, the reason it was so heavily stippled was to cover the fabric coloring pens the quilter used which bled into the fabric beyond the boundaries.
I don't understand any of this! I merely pass on the words of others! :)

Wow, that looks gorgeous!
PS: you do a great job of passing the words along... :-D

janeknapp 07-19-2011 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to try coloring with Inktense pencils after quilting on this practice piece. I colored with the pencils and then used water on my brush. I think the W&N batting absorbed some of the water, so there was very little bleeding.

Colored pencil used on tan muslin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228946[/ATTACH]

joann11 07-19-2011 05:28 PM

Looks great to me.

joann11 07-19-2011 05:29 PM

Looks great to me.

ploverwi2 07-19-2011 05:31 PM

That is so beautiful! I would like to try your method. Is there somewhere that I can maybe find a turorial? It would be so great, if you could add one to the message board with the other tutorials.
If you can tell me how to find info on the process, I would be so grateful.
Karen

lots2do 07-19-2011 05:33 PM

I'm still getting inspired by this thread!
My printmaking class is over in two days. It's been very intense but very satisfying. I can really see where I can combine this with quilting. Had weekend plans that just fell through so am going to play, then.

sandy12010 07-19-2011 05:38 PM

beautiful

janeknapp 07-19-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by ploverwi2
That is so beautiful! I would like to try your method. Is there somewhere that I can maybe find a turorial? It would be so great, if you could add one to the message board with the other tutorials.
Karen

I'm hoping to put the info together soon, so it will be in one post. Scan through previous pages in this topic to see related websites.

SewExtremeSeams 07-20-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by janeknapp

Originally Posted by ploverwi2
Karen

I'm hoping to put the info together soon, so it will be in one post. Scan through previous pages in this topic to see related websites.

Sew glad you will be doing this. I have edit/copied everything in this thread into a Word document for my own tutorial. You have given us such great info. Thanks!

PS: got my pencils, just need to find the time to sit down and work on this.

janeknapp 07-20-2011 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was colored by a boy going into sixth grade.

Parrot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229581[/ATTACH]