Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-quilt-me-today-7-15-a-t194678.html)

burchquilts 07-15-2012 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by wraez (Post 5365723)
Thanks for the tip on how to view new messages!

I answered another post about not being able to get away from the computer to work on quilt blocks, mug rugs or lots of other projects that I am itching to do. I'm planning to turn off the computer and go back to bed, it is only 3:30am here in CA and I couldn't sleep .... I'm afraid if I turn it back on again I won't get anything accomplished!

I'll try my darndest to get something accomplished today, even if it is just to work on some fabric postcards for a couple of swaps!

Except for the CA part, I thought I'd posted this. I've had horrible insomnia all night & STILL haven't been to sleep. But as soon as I finish this post, I'm shutting everything down & am going to try to sleep for a little bit. I plan to work on both of my Jelly Roll Races today & if I get them done (it's doubtful, but...), I have some backings I need to work on also.

THANK YOU for the tip about the posts. I normally just scroll thru & that can take forever. So if nothing else, I've learned something new & useful today!

OK... off to beddie bye. C y'all later! And p. s: thanks for hosting this again this month. I just love these & really look forward to them every month.

burchquilts 07-15-2012 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 (Post 5365757)
What a great idea! I am in for that idea but it may take a few of those days :o

Oh, that would be WONDERFUL! I find having to "be accountable" really helps me!

kristakz 07-15-2012 03:29 AM

I sure hope to join in today. But first, I need to make some progress on a knitting project that's due this month. So, I'm off to find my needles and hope to get into the sewing room by about noon.

AshleyR 07-15-2012 03:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I can't quilt until I have my coffee. I can barely type!!

But count me in! I do have to go to the farmer's market later, but I'm hoping to get the following done today:
Buy some amazing deals on produce (ok, not quilt-related!!).
A few loads of laundry, but not a ton of it!!
Finish quilting a throw for my son.
Finish quilting a quilt for our bed.
And if there's time, baste the next quilt.

The throw won't take any time at all. 2 hours max. The one for our bed.. will take longer. I just got my quilting machine out of the shop (yes, I should have used this off-time to baste the 3rd one... ) so I kind of need to get my groove back.

noveltyjunkie 07-15-2012 03:38 AM

Glad to see you all waking up. I just vacuumed part of the floor of my sewing room that has not seen the light for a wee while....

I found my mending basket under the clutter- found a great pair of black pants I totally forogot I owned- ripped the hem about a year ago and have mended that- now mending a rip in a dress.

Quilting may resume later!

mcdaniel023 07-15-2012 03:57 AM

Good Morning. I am heading to my happy place to put the binding on my hubby's bd gifts, a lap quilt, a table topper and wall hanging for his mancave. Pictures to come.

CoventryUK 07-15-2012 04:00 AM

Well I am sort of with you all!! I have just come out of hospital having had total left knee replacement!! DH has just loaded washing machine and is now vacuuming!!:thumbup: I am sitting in a sunny window doing hexagons in 1930s repro fabrics with a nice cup of coffee!!! I could get used to this!!!!!:D

noveltyjunkie 07-15-2012 04:04 AM

Latest update- dress is made of stupid fabric which is pulling every which way. It has been released permanently from my life!

NEXT!!

deedum 07-15-2012 04:47 AM

I am on my porch watching the hummingbirds and having my coffee. I plan to free motion this full/queen size quilt today! For my BIL who is sick. Got to get it done. This will help. So another cuppa or two and I will be in my play room shortly.

mary705 07-15-2012 04:49 AM

I'm getting ready to sew my 2" two patches into 4 patches for my Sunny Lanes quilt. And then will sew the amount needed into 16 patches. Haven't decided on the colors for 2 and 3 yet, may do scrappy in same color line. Also may get 2 baby quilts sandwiched together.

Already pressed my 4 FQ bundles I got from Tuesday morning (all have 12 FQ) paid between $20 -$25 for all