Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-5-20-a-t189476.html)

irishrose 05-20-2012 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by beatys9 (Post 5231431)
Got some of the blocks together - it's just a start but it's great to finally get this project moving beyond the block stage... :) I plan to add borders with the green leaf fabric & the pink small rose bud fabric in the upper right hand corner of the pic. The recipient loves pink roses!

That is very pretty. I love roses - always have, but it's becoming an obsession as I become older.

Nah, I'm the last to bed. It's 3:34 here. I had to write a newsletter and I never start too soon.The deadline is noon tomorrow and I don't do my best thinking before noon so I just finished. Yay!

It was a good quilting day, seam ripper and all. It feels so good to be starting the FMQ on this particular quilt. Thank you all for your company.

nancia 05-20-2012 11:51 PM

saw your pictures, may! very nice work! still, i bet your glad the qs is over for now. sounds like you deserve a bubble bath and a nice sleep=in in the morning.:o
sleep well, judy!

cannyquilter 05-21-2012 02:57 AM

Hi all, just to say you have all been busy and produced some great work. Had been hoping to join you as I enjoyed the last day so much but was away for weekend and got back too late and too tired to start. Have noted down the next date so will make sure I can join you as it is such a great way to connect and stay focused. Thanks for organising Rachel

Krystyna 05-21-2012 03:29 AM

Good morning! I've been hand piecing a hex runner and I think today I'll finish it up with my machine.

sharkee 05-21-2012 04:25 AM

Well I did not see this post until this morning since I was busy quilting all day. Here is what I got done.
1. I hand basted a Jo Morton project for hand quilting
2. Basted, quilted and bound a Sashiko and embroidered butterfly wall hanging that I created
3. Completed my Bella Verona Quilt top
Plus walked my treadmill for 30 min and played with my dog and 2 cats

I will try to post pics when I get home from work

AUQuilter 05-21-2012 04:48 AM

I am joining in today. Goals are: finish blocks for the April Showers quilt top, decide if sashing or no sash and color, tidy sewing room, watch tutorials on clothesline baskets that were QB about 2-3 days, and finally check out Missouri Quilt company new tute on YouTube-the Crazy Quilt. Once that is completed, I will update my list.

schwanton 05-21-2012 04:50 AM

I am a beginner fmq'er. So my machine is set up, my practice sandsiches are ready and my quilt is sandwiched waiting until I have mastered my stitches. Hopefully I will be able to move onto the quilt sooner than I think. I will keep you posted.

MaryLane 05-21-2012 06:33 AM

I tried very hard yesterday. I have most of a quilt for graduation gift quilted but I am not happy with it. I spent three hours picking out quilting where I had wrinkles and now have more! My husband said he had never heard me cuss that much about a quilt.

I did finish two aprons for my BOM club. One is a self designed clothespin apron.

I swear I spent the entire day at one machine or another but that is all I have to show for it.

Glad to see some of the rest of you had better day than me.

MimiBug123 05-21-2012 06:39 AM

I love this quilt!!! The fussy cut centers are precious and the color choice is brilliant! This quilt makes you happy just to look at it.

jude by the sea 05-21-2012 07:07 AM

Good morning all. Athenagwis your virtual idea is awesome. I read all 16 pages of responses and it was so cool to see and read what goals people had on their plates. Some of the goals, challenges and successes are similar to my world. I have to admit that I sometimes feel guilty that I spend some days doing nothing but quilt.other days I can't get out of my garden...I just wish I had more of me to do all that I want. I juggle trying to make soap, fuse glass, make torch beads, , quilt, work in garden, quilt, swim, stare at the trees, quilt and the story goes on. This project makes me feel similar to the days when all the women got together to quilt and talk about life, family, dreams and things. So needles to say I am in. My goals today are to piece the corners and triangles in my radiant star. It is my first done the Eleanor Burns way. The center pin wheel did not turn outlike El,s but it is nice. I will try to finish that today. Oh yeah I will keep checking in to see what you all have to say about your goals etc. happy sewing and thanks Athenagwis!