Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-9-23-a-t201278.html)

mcdaniel023 09-23-2012 03:49 PM

Thimblebug, those blocks are so cute. Love them. I got my log cabin quilted and squared up and started the binding. But, I am too tired to finish. Hopefully, I can finish after work tomorrow. Everyone have a restful evening.

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my mystery quilt finished. It is made with childrens fabrics and when quilted will go to Project Linus. It doesn't show up very well in the pic but I though it turned out wonderful. I may just make another one of these. Now I am done for the day.

Twisted Quilter 09-23-2012 04:15 PM

Beautiful!

thimblebug6000 09-23-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5536215)
Got my mystery quilt finished. It is made with childrens fabrics and when quilted will go to Project Linus. It doesn't show up very well in the pic but I though it turned out wonderful. I may just make another one of these. Now I am done for the day.

That turned out so lovely!

thimblebug6000 09-23-2012 04:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mar and Apr block bordered [ATTACH=CONFIG]365095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]365096[/ATTACH]

Jan in VA 09-23-2012 04:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Need another break. Fitting these bias strips together to fit the size I need for each quadrant is time consuming and frustrating. Here is what the design looks like; the quadrants are 42" X 50" so they aren't square. Some of the lapas weren't qui-i-i-te long enough to cut the strips on the bias and fit into this space. I've had to struggle with each one to be sure I'll have enough on all edges to layer them for a double-sided look. For an easy appearing quilt, this is one of the more difficult ones I've done. Lots of new techniques and forethought on this one for me. Also a pic of some of the fabrics spread out together.

Jan in VA

cwessel47 09-23-2012 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much accomplished today - but something! Binding on, still more quilting to do.

Jan in VA 09-23-2012 04:36 PM

Love the embroideries! All the work looks so nice, isn't this fun!

I probably would have just gone down for a long nap and wasted today if not for this VQD; thank you, thank you for staging it and for all who are participating!!

Jan in VA

sewplease 09-23-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewplease (Post 5535409)
1. Basting - done.
2. Close up the cutting table.
3. Clear off sewing table, move it out from wall to extend back leaf.
4. Run to Joanns for 1/2 yard of heavy vinyl to make needle area slippery.
5. FMQ!!

I did it! Got to #5 on the list and finished 1/4th of the top!! I am so excited. I did a loop de loop pattern which seems to be easier for me than a plain meander. Some of my loops are beautiful and some have definite corners. Some of the stitches are PERFECT and some are very small or 1/4th inch long, but I am on my way to a completed quilt. I really think when it's washed and shrinks up, that it will look OK.

The projects done today are beautiful. Thanks, Rachel, for getting us all together!

KarenK 09-23-2012 04:43 PM

Very pretty mystery quilt!