Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Coming "clean" so to speak... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/coming-%22clean%22-so-speak-t131530.html)

quiltyfeelings 06-18-2011 07:14 PM

Although my mama's words ring true, "A messy room is the sign of a creative mind," I am in the need for some massive accountability in regards to cleaning my sewing room. I would NEVER, EVER, NEVER post pictures of this mess before it's clean. So, please friends, if I haven't posted pictures of Coming Clean by Monday evening, please bug me, harrass me, stalk me, annoy me until I clean up this mess. I simply cannot function any more like this. Thanks.
laura

Leota 06-18-2011 07:16 PM

Ok, I will bookmark this so that I'll remember to check for pictures of your clean playground :D

alikat110 06-18-2011 07:17 PM

Hey laura. I would be happy to come up for a day and help? Then maybe we can do some peicing together.

erstan947 06-18-2011 07:17 PM

If that's what you need to do.....then get to it!!!!:):) Keep us posted on your progress:)

Dina 06-18-2011 07:18 PM

You can do this!! Just reward yourself well....chocolate or fabric would work.

craftybear 06-18-2011 07:18 PM

I see your light on, are you taking a break from cleaning or are you done with your room

Craftybear

Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings
Although my mama's words ring true, "A messy room is the sign of a creative mind," I am in the need for some massive accountability in regards to cleaning my sewing room. I would NEVER, EVER, NEVER post pictures of this mess before it's clean. So, please friends, if I haven't posted pictures of Coming Clean by Monday evening, please bug me, harrass me, stalk me, annoy me until I clean up this mess. I simply cannot function any more like this. Thanks.
laura

mzmama 06-18-2011 07:21 PM

How can I harrass you when I have the same problem. I go in my sewing room with good intensions but alas, I get side tracked so to speak.

GreatStarter 06-18-2011 07:24 PM

Laura,
You can do this! Ok get your timer or alarm clock and set it to go off in a certain amount of time. Then work on cleaning up your sewing room until the alarm goes off. Then set timer again for a short break and do whatever you want. When alarm goes off you must go back to sewing room and CLEAN. Etc...
I know you can do this. Will be watching this post for pictures of your sewing room Monday!!!
Kat

Quiltgranny 06-18-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings
laura

Ya know, this is really a lot more enjoyable to do when you're not the only one cleaning. On another forum, we're having a Challenge for this month where any who wish to participate can post before, during and after pics of their sewing spaces.

It's really been inspiring and encouraging for so many of us to work on our sewing rooms simultaneously. There's been a lot of cheerleading going on and I've seen tons of progress, both in my sewing room and those of others.

Has anyone done this on this board before? This might be the accountability that you're looking for. :thumbup:

quiltyfeelings 06-18-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
You can do this!! Just reward yourself well....chocolate or fabric would work.

Oooohhh, good idea. Definitely more fabric.... but not to make a mess with! Promise. ;)