Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Comment on the Tutorial Section of the site (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/comment-tutorial-section-site-t159351.html)

Nantie 10-10-2011 09:18 AM

I totally posted this wrong...i see no harm in the current structure of the tutorials, it is our own choice after bringing up a topic whether to watch it entirely and bring up other links....isn't it?

QuiltnNan 10-10-2011 10:44 AM

ditto

jaciqltznok 10-10-2011 10:56 AM

lately very few posts are going where they should...personally I don't think ad that take you to craigslist or ebay should be in our classified section!

as for the tutes, I figures ALL tutes went there..but suppose they could go to links/resources...and if you are looking for something particular there is always the SEARCH box at the top of every page!

Margie 10-10-2011 11:08 AM

I prefer all the tutorials in one place, rarely look at the other section. I appreciate the links in the tutorial section.

SMR 10-10-2011 11:09 AM

Lately I've noticed topics listed in tutes that have sounded like something I'd like to learn only to find the person is asking for help to to something or ideas. These types of topics do't belong in tutes and the moderators do a fantastic job but don't always catch them. I alos prefer things that actually show me how o do somethg not a link because my compter is really picky about what links it will go to.

BigDog 10-10-2011 11:17 AM

If people would have the common courtesy to put a subject in their title, it would alleviate a lot of poking around. Subjects such as "Need Help", "Found It", and so forth, without a clue what the subject is should not be allowed. I don't have time to play childish guessing games. Sorry for the vent but when I see thread after thread without a clue, I leave the forum and go play with adults.

CarrieC 10-10-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
I very rarely follow a link to another site. I do have a good virus program but I don't want to take the chance of messing up my computer. I also don't usually download anything. I am computer challenged so I err on the side of caution.

You can always try to go to the linked site by hand typing in the address in a new window. I too am semi-computer challenged and my daughter taught me that trick (well that and a REALLY good firewall).

dreamboat 10-10-2011 11:41 AM

The site subjects are just fine the way it is.

Willa 10-10-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
I prefer all the tutorials in one place, rarely look at the other section. I appreciate the links in the tutorial section.

I like in one place also. Maybe some can be convinced to include "link" in the titles so if some don't like to follow links they can avoid those.

stitchinbee 10-10-2011 08:40 PM

actually, having been a board administrator elsewhere, i know that there is a feature that admin can enable to make subforums with in another forum. i.e.
Tutorials
Member Tutorials
Off-Site Tutorials