Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cone thread from connecting thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cone-thread-connecting-thread-t301503.html)

My time 12-11-2018 01:55 PM

Cone thread from connecting thread

Have any of you used the cone thread from Connecting threads. It's such a great price. Any opinions would be great.

Queenbarbiej 12-11-2018 02:24 PM

I haven't used the polyester thread but I have used the cotton and I like it. The cotton thread does leave lint build up in your sewing machine. I only use the cotton for fmq.

EasyPeezy 12-11-2018 03:04 PM

Their cotton thread is good quality but a bit on the thick side.

cindi 12-11-2018 03:07 PM

I use it for all my piecing, and on my longarm. Love the stuff. Love the price.

JJBlaine 12-11-2018 03:15 PM

I've been using the Connecting Threads Cotton for FMQ and piecing, and am kind on the fence about it. On the one hand, it is a nice strong thread and I experience very little breakage. On the other hand, I have to completely remove the bobbin assembly and brush out the lint after every 1 or 2 bobbins full of thread, which is kind of a pain. Previously, I used Coats & Clark which wasn't quite as strong, but it wasn't as lint-y. Of the two, I prefer the Connecting threads because I'd rather have stronger thread, but I will probably try a different thread the next time I am running low to see if I can find something better.

Onebyone 12-11-2018 04:37 PM

The Essential Pro on the cone is poly 70wt. It's thinner then the Essential cotton which is 50 wt 3 ply. Essential cotton is too thick for me for piecing and very linty. I don't use it anymore. The Pro isn't as smooth as some of the other brands but I have used it for fmq without a problem.

GEMRM 12-11-2018 04:43 PM

I use CT cotton thread almost exclusively for piecing and long arm quilting. I really like it, and yes, it's linty, but that just means I clean out around the tension and bobbin regularly.

patricej 12-12-2018 01:28 AM

i have never understood all the comments about CT thread being linty.
i don't find it to leave any more shmutz than any of the other - waaaay more expensive - brands of thread.
in fact, it leaves a lot less than some of the pricier brands i've tried.

quilterpurpledog 12-12-2018 02:41 AM

I also am amazed at the comments about cotton thread being "linty". All cotton thread is linty because it is cotton. I know that I take the faceplate off of my machine and brush it out every two or three bobbins full of thread I use. Wow! I like CT thread just fine. I order it from time to time. I personally prefer three ply thread for piecing because of the strength in the seams.

ckcowl 12-12-2018 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 8175085)
i have never understood all the comments about CT thread being linty.
i don't find it to leave any more shmutz than any of the other - waaaay more expensive - brands of thread.
in fact, it leaves a lot less than some of the pricier brands i've tried.

i totally agree, some much more expensive ( name brand) threads create a lot more lint than the Connecting Threads brand. I’ve been using Connecting Threads threads for more than 10 years- Piecing and on my longarm