Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Customer Service (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-customer-service-t170459.html)

QuilterGary 11-30-2011 05:14 PM

Connecting Threads Customer Service

At one time I taught total quality management (TQM) and Customer Service. I must tell you about Connecting Threads customer service. It is some of the best I have come accross in a long time.
I ordered the gift box thread set on line Monday afternoon for my self at $54.99 not on sale but I thought a fair price. Later that night I thought my DD could use one of those and I could not get through on line so I called them and placed my order with a different shiping address, they checked to make sure I had both orders and all was well. Tuesday I get the email of the shipment and my order was canceled but DD shipped and to top it off thread had went on sale and I was up-set. I called them Wednesdays to find out what happened. They have a system to catch double orders, and because I had ordered the same item the same day and online and by phone they thought it to be a double order. Although it did have a different shipping address. They went above and beyond to correct the mistake. They no longer had the gift box which I did not care about but they are sending me alot and I mean alot of thread to correct the error. Much more than I expected. They earned my respect and my business. I have not ordered fabric on line because I like to look at it but I might try them. I have read mixed reviews here about their fabric quality, but I am sold on their quality of service.

KerryK 11-30-2011 05:36 PM

Good for you! I've mostly read very good things about CT. Keepsake Quilting is also very good.

GagaSmith 11-30-2011 05:41 PM

I like both their thread and their fabric. Great prices and good service in my experience.

unclefreckles 11-30-2011 05:46 PM

The same here. I have ordered both

lighthouse 11-30-2011 05:48 PM

I agree with GagaSmith. What you see on-line is what comes in the mail. Happy Quilting :-)

franc36 11-30-2011 05:53 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us. I have only bought books from Connecting Threads. After reading what you said, I shall buy fabric and thread from them in the future.

brookemarie19 11-30-2011 06:29 PM

I have bought fabric from them before and they only sent me some as they ran out of a little of the order since it was from the clearance area. When I got the fabric and realized I was missing some... they let me pick something else and sent it too me free with shipping. I am very pleased with both their fabric and thread. some fabrics are a little thinner than others, but aren't bad about raveling so I'm ok with that, and the thread is a little linty, but if you clean your machine out every few bobbins it's not a big deal either.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 11-30-2011 06:33 PM

This is all good to know. I ordered thread today and was hesitant as I have not ordered online from them before. 40% off sale fit my budget.

jaciqltznok 11-30-2011 06:36 PM

sadly not everyone had that great of an experience with them last week! but my bad experience was with Missouriquiltco..I will never do bs with them again!

pippi65 11-30-2011 06:44 PM

I have no complaints about Connecting Threads...they have always taken care of any problems and some. Their fabric is great, and I can tell you I have ordered plenty of fabric from them. Has always been good quality. I shop their sales all the time. I just ordered some of the thread that was on sale too!!