Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Customer Service

Blog Entries

Connecting Threads Customer Service

At one time I taught total quality management (TQM) and Customer Service. I must tell you about Connecting Threads customer service. It is some of the best I have come accross in a long time.
    I ordered the gift box thread set on line Monday afternoon for my self at $54.99 not on sale but I thought a fair price. Later that night I thought my DD could use one of those and I could not get through on line so I called them and placed my order with a different shiping address, they checked to make sure I had both orders and all was well. Tuesday I get the email of the shipment and my order was canceled but DD shipped and to top it off thread had went on sale and I was up-set. I called them Wednesdays to find out what happened. They have a system to catch double orders, and because I had ordered the same item the same day and online and by phone they thought it to be a double order. Although it did have a different shipping address. They went above and beyond to correct the mistake. They no longer had the gift box which I did not care about but they are sending me alot and I mean alot of thread to correct the error. Much more than I expected. They earned my respect and my business. I have not ordered fabric on line because I like to look at it but I might try them. I have read mixed reviews here about their fabric quality, but I am sold on their quality of service.
    You will get what you expect to get.

Blog Entries
    Good for you! I've mostly read very good things about CT. Keepsake Quilting is also very good.
    Kerry
    ~ American by birth, Southern by the grace of God ~

I like both their thread and their fabric. Great prices and good service in my experience.

The same here. I have ordered both
    unclefreckles' Grandma

I agree with GagaSmith. What you see on-line is what comes in the mail. Happy Quilting :-)

Thanks for sharing that with us. I have only bought books from Connecting Threads. After reading what you said, I shall buy fabric and thread from them in the future.

I have bought fabric from them before and they only sent me some as they ran out of a little of the order since it was from the clearance area. When I got the fabric and realized I was missing some... they let me pick something else and sent it too me free with shipping. I am very pleased with both their fabric and thread. some fabrics are a little thinner than others, but aren't bad about raveling so I'm ok with that, and the thread is a little linty, but if you clean your machine out every few bobbins it's not a big deal either.
    Brooke

This is all good to know. I ordered thread today and was hesitant as I have not ordered online from them before. 40% off sale fit my budget.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sadly not everyone had that great of an experience with them last week! but my bad experience was with Missouriquiltco..I will never do bs with them again!

I have no complaints about Connecting Threads...they have always taken care of any problems and some. Their fabric is great, and I can tell you I have ordered plenty of fabric from them. Has always been good quality. I shop their sales all the time. I just ordered some of the thread that was on sale too!!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Blog Entries
    I've ordered both fabric and thread for CT, and have been very pleased. It fits well within my budget. And it's different than what I can find locally. And they cut there fabric a bit generous. I've never been shorted. Now, that being said...I have ordered there pre-cuts, and they are not always accurate. But, I can make it work. Really, I kind of expected that as it was a clearance item. So, No disappointment from me. Hope you'll someday give them a try. (I have bought fabric locally and been short fabric or the fabric has been flawed. And, they've slipped it by me. I'm more careful now.) National chain, NOT local quilt store.

And, Missouri Star Quilt Co...I can hardly get on there site on any given day. But, I still check the deal of the day to see if something calls my name. But, really, You have the shipping cost, so unless your ordering something else it really doesn't save you much money.

Strictly my opinion. Don't mean to offend anyone. And always try to check and see what other people think here on the board, just in case I'm missing a good thing.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    I have ordered a lot of fabric from them and it has always been great quality fabric, I also love their thread and their prices are great

Senior Member Claddaughquilting's Avatar
    I also was very pleased with their service this week. I placed an order early Tuesday morning, and then got the e-mail saying the thread was on sale. I decided to call them to see if they could add the thread to my order. Fortunately, the order was still there and they credited and rebilled the order so that I could add the thread and would not have to pay another shipping fee. Very pleasant and eager to please. I have never tried the thread so I am glad that others like it, looking forward to my package!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do" - Eleanor Roosevelt

I've had very good service from CT too - thread, fabric, books. One of the things I love about them, is that they charge the duty along with the shipping, and I never have any surprises for extra customs charges when my packages arrive. And their duty+shipping is often less than other places charge just for shipping! This is a real bonus - my LA loves their Essentials Pro thread, their batiks are gorgeous and fabric good quality @ great value.
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I buy lots of thread from CT and also have purchased books and fabrics. I have never had to deal with their customer service because all of my orders have gone without a hitch! I've always heard their customer service is top notch though so I order worry free all the time. I have found that their fabrics are such soft cotton that they feel almost silk like, excellent thread count. I also love that shipping is FREE after $50. I just keep a running wish list for the things I need and then place my order when I have $50 worth on my list. I think their prices are wonderful and so very very fair!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I order quite a bit from them and you are so right their service is great.
    Juliebelle

Thank you so much for posting this! I love to hear about great customer service.
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author

I have ordered quite a bit from CT. I love their thread and the fabric is good quality. I usually order their sale things and have always been satisfied. I have also ordered the deal of the day from Missouri Star and been pleased with them. I'm sorry that you have not been satisfied with them. It's true though with shipping, the deal of the day isn't such a deal unless you need other things at the same time. Customer service is great at both places in my experience.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    I have also bought both but not always good service
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

I've had great experiences with CT customer service.
    Once I got an order of 10 different 1/2 yard cuts, and one of them was the wrong fabric (just completely wrong- totally different line, different color). They sent the correct one out right away (thank goodness it was still in stock, because it was clearance) and told me to keep the extra.

This week, their thread went on sale, right after I just bought some. They adjusted the price for me with no hassle, and told me they can do it (just for store credit though) within 1 week of purchase.

My only somewhat bad experience was last black Friday- my order got repeated FIVE times. The woman on the phone canceled the extra orders (manually- they must have a new system now) but berated me for having pressed the button too many times. Their website was HORRIBLE that day, so I was VERY careful to have only pressed once. It was clearly their malfunction. I didn't appreciate the lecture, but at least it got fixed...

Well, if we are talking about service, here's my story. I ordered items from "Sew Very Smooth" in August. My order was finally received in November. I called them, sent e-mails, my last correspondence I blasted them on their customer service. The order was still not right but instead of returning I will learn to live with what they sent. They also sell acrylic tables but I would not buy from them ever again. I had not ordered a table from them. I am looking to order a table from Allbrands, prices are better.

Isn't it wonderful to hear of a company that still considers their customers worthy of good service?!!! Thanks for letting us know. I've ordered fabric from them before, and was VERY happy with it.

I have ordered material from Connecting Thread and have never been disappointed. I like the choices of fabric and threads.

I always shop their clearance sections and have bought several kits. I like their prices and speed of order and lots of time you can work out free shippping. Some of the others I have just abandoned because of the shipping costs. That is my nbig problem with some on-line shopping - I think everyone should have free shipping and if you want something for shipping include it in the price so people can make a logical comparison. Get off that soapbox, DixieLee

Blog Entries
    I think CT has the best customer service around. They replace items no questions asked. I bought a pre cut kit from them and it had enough fabric in it to make two of the items. Very generous company. Hope they stay in business forever.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast