Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads---I'm hooked! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-im-hooked-t37884.html)

adriansmom 02-24-2010 10:47 PM

Well, you all have finally corrupted me!! I have been on this site for months and have thus far been able to resist all the temptations yoy have thrown at me. Until tonight that is!! I was bored, a bit down and needed some retail therapy. I figured it wouldn't hurt to look and see what everyone was talking about so I went to the site. Big mistake!! I immediately fell in love with the "Sip of Summer" collection! I had to order the fq sampler because I couldn't decide which ones I liked best. I want to make a Turning 20 in the future and think these would be perfect!! I also bought a tablerunner kit and a spool of thread. I wanted to buy more thread, but thought I'd try it first and see what I thought of it. Can't beat the price...so might as well. I've also been looking at some stuff on e-bay, but they have a day or two left on them. I already have one kit I purchased the other day, plus all my other WIP's, so this will just add to the pile. I do feel better though..now I just have to tell my dh!! He'll just smile and nod and go clean his guns!!

memathomas 02-24-2010 10:57 PM

i am on my way there thought i would stop and see what was being talked about
i just finished a quilt from one of the kits from ct the thread is good too. i get the close out fabric its affordable some of my quilts are on my facebook album page you can take a look send me your e mail address and i will invite you to look if you want. got to go shopping by
mema

SulaBug 02-25-2010 12:54 AM

You are going to just LOVE the fabric you have ordered from Connecting Threads!! :D I have ordered a few of their kits & have been extremely pleased. Do let us know how you like what you have just purchased!!
:D :D :D :D

watterstide 02-25-2010 03:59 AM

i ordered "Just Ducky",in browns,last night.. and because i wanted free shipping, i ordered 2 yards of fabric in the clearance section for the backing, a pattern i liked..and you know the drill!
they do have loads of free patterns too..english piecing,regualr quilt patterns, and sewing patterns. I have never been unhappy with anything i hvae gotten from them..

sewcrafty 02-25-2010 04:28 AM

Connecting Threads is really addictive. When I first started quilting about 15 yrs ago this was my favorite place. I really got great deals on books and tools there. This is where I purchased most of my stuff from.

adriansmom 02-25-2010 02:57 PM

OOHHH...I just loved the "Just Ducky" pattern!! I wanted that one and a few others but I had to restrain myself....for now. When taxes come back, there will be a huge jump in the local LQS economy!! I'm even considering a new machine. I might have to give dh CPR if I do. We'll see what happens. When I get my order, I'll post for all to see!

Originally Posted by watterstide
i ordered "Just Ducky",in browns,last night.. and because i wanted free shipping, i ordered 2 yards of fabric in the clearance section for the backing, a pattern i liked..and you know the drill!
they do have loads of free patterns too..english piecing,regualr quilt patterns, and sewing patterns. I have never been unhappy with anything i hvae gotten from them..

watterstide 02-25-2010 03:10 PM

the sent me a notice, that is has been shipped this morning..can't wait for the ducks to get here!

memathomas 02-25-2010 03:13 PM

my avatar is pattern from a quilting magazine and the pattern is call just ducky also!!

sew_lulu 02-25-2010 03:14 PM

I just saw the new fabric called After Hours. I love it. I'm so tempted... but I can't buy anything right now. I just purchased a bunch of fabrics from Hancock of Purducah.

Eddie 02-25-2010 03:15 PM

Yes, CT has gotten a lot of my $$$$ as well. :D I really LOVE their threads. I have every color they sell! And large cones, too! I'm a thread-aholic of theirs, LOL! Have also bought a lot of their quilt kits.