Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Order (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-order-t158957.html)

quilterella 10-09-2011 01:09 AM

Everyone says the Essentials Cotton thread is great? I bought some last year, and it has got to be the lintiest stuff I have ever used. Now maybe it was just the batch, or my machine or a dozen other variables, but I find it very linty when using it in my Janome and tangles alot when using it for hand sewing.. So should I try the Essentials poly instead? That being said about CT thread, I do love their fabric and their service.

Edie 10-09-2011 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
I just wanted to post something since I went and ordered from Connecting Threads. There was a post last week or so about if they were any good and reliable. Some stated the thread wasn't.

I ordered the .98 cent fabric, not expecting anything great. I was very surprised. I ordered a half yard of each one on the plaid. The fabric has a Moda 'feel' to it and I am pleased. I plan on making DP9 blocks with it for a guys lap quilt. I was also surprised to find out on the red, they sent me a yard instead of a half yard. No extra charge to it.

I also ordered Essential thread and will be trying it out soon. I also got a bag pattern that was download. I really love the bag pattern. I have nothing bad to say about Connecting Threads and will order from them again. :)

I got the Essential thread and I just love it. Have made two coverlets and am still on the same spool of thread. Doesn't break or anything. Very ver pleased with it. Just have to wait for the next sale. I got the natural color. Edie

auntmarie 10-09-2011 03:12 AM

I have bought their material and had no problems. Had to call them twice and they were wonderful solving my problem.

sandy l 10-09-2011 03:13 AM

Same here, wish they had varigated thread.

stitchengramie 10-09-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Carole Angel
You're absolutely right about Clarks & Coat. That thread just explodes fuzz in the bobbin area. I threw away the last two spools I had. I use a lot of Gutterman cotton and Sulky rayon now.

The fuzz just gets all over the machine. Take your finger and wipe it over the top of your sewing machine. You be surprised.

judi43 10-09-2011 03:22 AM

I love CT have ordered many yards of fabric an never been stung. I also use there thread but I was also taught to clean the bobbin area everytime you change a bobbin & this I do so have no complaints there either. Thread & fabric are great.

MamaHen 10-09-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie

Originally Posted by Carole Angel
You're absolutely right about Clarks & Coat. That thread just explodes fuzz in the bobbin area. I threw away the last two spools I had. I use a lot of Gutterman cotton and Sulky rayon now.

The fuzz just gets all over the machine. Take your finger and wipe it over the top of your sewing machine. You be surprised.

If you are using the incorrect size needle that will also cause the thread to shread or lint more than usual. Using strictly top stitch needles now I find that there is very little lint. I'm a CT thread fan and use it almost exclusively in my sewing machine & my long arm.

grann of 6 10-09-2011 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
I just wanted to post something since I went and ordered from Connecting Threads. There was a post last week or so about if they were any good and reliable. Some stated the thread wasn't.

I ordered the .98 cent fabric, not expecting anything great. I was very surprised. I ordered a half yard of each one on the plaid. The fabric has a Moda 'feel' to it and I am pleased. I plan on making DP9 blocks with it for a guys lap quilt. I was also surprised to find out on the red, they sent me a yard instead of a half yard. No extra charge to it.

I also ordered Essential thread and will be trying it out soon. I also got a bag pattern that was download. I really love the bag pattern. I have nothing bad to say about Connecting Threads and will order from them again. :)

I haven't ordered anything from them in a while, but I agree that they are a great internet shopping source. One time I ordered a half-yard package of coordinating fabrics, one piece was about 3/4 yard. They added a note that they would rather pass on the bolt end than make another scrap. I notice when you get a kit there is always ample fabric for making the pattern.

Happy Tails 10-09-2011 04:02 AM

I can't even tell you the number of hundreds of dollars I have spent at CT (they should pay me a fee lol) Even with being in Canada, it's so much cheaper for me to order from them and I have never been disappointed in anything. If anybody is sitting on the fence about them, now would be a great time to buy, they have a ton of fabric on sale. JMHO Wendy

Carole Angel 10-09-2011 04:18 AM

Have you used any of their batiks? They have some beautiful patterns/colors but I haven't ordered any because there can be such a variation in the quality of some batiks