Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-sale-t169989.html)

Skittl1321 11-27-2011 06:31 AM

Connecting Threads Sale

So I woke up early this morning for Connecting Thread's "Cyber Monday" sale (I think they started it a day early because of the major server crash last year.)

I was very disappointed. Last year batiks weren't on sale, but all other sampler's were. This year- almost NONE of the sampler's on my wishlist were on sale. I got a few, plus some thread, but didn't do near the damage I wish I could have. I skipped going to Joann's because I knew CT's would be awesome, so now I'm a little sad.

But- a sampler YOU really like might be 50% off (mostly fat quarters, but a few stacks/charms/strips too) so go check it out...

Also- there is a neutral thread pack on sale 10 for $14. If you use Essential thread, it's an even better bargain than normal.

CajunQuilter2 11-27-2011 06:39 AM

THanks for the info on the tread. Headed there now to check it out.

luvstoquilt 11-27-2011 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info..I do love Connecting Threads and the thread sounds almost to good to be true!

annthreecats 11-27-2011 09:05 AM

Wow, great price on the thread. I just ordered some last week.

Skittl1321 11-27-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 4725421)
Thanks for the info..I do love Connecting Threads and the thread sounds almost to good to be true!

They redid the neutral thread pack to have more light neutrals, so they are clearancing the old neutral thread pack (which has a lot of darks). I don't like the dark for quilting, but I can use it for piecing. I think the neutral thread pack has better useable colors, but I went with the sale! I love their thread.

katiebear1 11-27-2011 10:49 AM

Yeah, I was really dossappointed. Last year ALL their samplers were 50% off. There are only a few tis year. I didn't order anything. I am TRYING to not buy any more fabric untill I get all my projects done that I have the fabric for :)

KimS 11-27-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 (Post 4725620)
They redid the neutral thread pack to have more light neutrals, so they are clearancing the old neutral thread pack (which has a lot of darks). I don't like the dark for quilting, but I can use it for piecing. I think the neutral thread pack has better useable colors, but I went with the sale! I love their thread.

Did you have any problems placing your order? When I try to check out it says, "We're sorry but you've encountered an error." UGH!!!! I'm not giving up and will keep going back throughout the day to see if the problem has been fixed. If not I'll print and mail my order to get the sale prices.

frannella 11-27-2011 11:26 AM

I agree--CT's sale offerings were very limited and potential savings very disappointing, but think I am seeing this with a lot of quilting vendors this year, not just with CT.

Skittl1321 11-27-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by KimS (Post 4725767)
Did you have any problems placing your order? When I try to check out it says, "We're sorry but you've encountered an error." UGH!!!! I'm not giving up and will keep going back throughout the day to see if the problem has been fixed. If not I'll print and mail my order to get the sale prices.

It took me three or four tries, and it went through to checkout. I got that error before I put in my CC information, so I didn't have any issue with just hitting refresh until it worked :) Once you put in your CC info, don't refresh! Lots of people got double orders last year...

Can't you just call tomorrow? I don't think you need to mail?

Surfergirl 11-27-2011 12:26 PM

I just checked CT's site and couldn't find thread on sale. I also didn't receive any emails from them and I always do when there is a sale.