Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Sale

Connecting Threads Sale

So I woke up early this morning for Connecting Thread's "Cyber Monday" sale (I think they started it a day early because of the major server crash last year.)

I was very disappointed. Last year batiks weren't on sale, but all other sampler's were. This year- almost NONE of the sampler's on my wishlist were on sale. I got a few, plus some thread, but didn't do near the damage I wish I could have. I skipped going to Joann's because I knew CT's would be awesome, so now I'm a little sad.

But- a sampler YOU really like might be 50% off (mostly fat quarters, but a few stacks/charms/strips too) so go check it out...

Also- there is a neutral thread pack on sale 10 for $14. If you use Essential thread, it's an even better bargain than normal.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    THanks for the info on the tread. Headed there now to check it out.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info..I do love Connecting Threads and the thread sounds almost to good to be true!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Wow, great price on the thread. I just ordered some last week.

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Thanks for the info..I do love Connecting Threads and the thread sounds almost to good to be true!
    They redid the neutral thread pack to have more light neutrals, so they are clearancing the old neutral thread pack (which has a lot of darks). I don't like the dark for quilting, but I can use it for piecing. I think the neutral thread pack has better useable colors, but I went with the sale! I love their thread.

Yeah, I was really dossappointed. Last year ALL their samplers were 50% off. There are only a few tis year. I didn't order anything. I am TRYING to not buy any more fabric untill I get all my projects done that I have the fabric for

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    They redid the neutral thread pack to have more light neutrals, so they are clearancing the old neutral thread pack (which has a lot of darks). I don't like the dark for quilting, but I can use it for piecing. I think the neutral thread pack has better useable colors, but I went with the sale! I love their thread.
    Did you have any problems placing your order? When I try to check out it says, "We're sorry but you've encountered an error." UGH!!!! I'm not giving up and will keep going back throughout the day to see if the problem has been fixed. If not I'll print and mail my order to get the sale prices.
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

I agree--CT's sale offerings were very limited and potential savings very disappointing, but think I am seeing this with a lot of quilting vendors this year, not just with CT.
    I didn't make this beautiful GFG quilt but it's on my wish list to do

Quote Originally Posted by KimS View Post
    Did you have any problems placing your order? When I try to check out it says, "We're sorry but you've encountered an error." UGH!!!! I'm not giving up and will keep going back throughout the day to see if the problem has been fixed. If not I'll print and mail my order to get the sale prices.
    It took me three or four tries, and it went through to checkout. I got that error before I put in my CC information, so I didn't have any issue with just hitting refresh until it worked Once you put in your CC info, don't refresh! Lots of people got double orders last year...

Can't you just call tomorrow? I don't think you need to mail?

I just checked CT's site and couldn't find thread on sale. I also didn't receive any emails from them and I always do when there is a sale.
    Lynn

This is sort of off topic for this thread but thought I would ask anyway. I have never purchased fabric from CT but read so much about the company on this forum. Can someone give me an idea of the fabric quality. Can you compare to Hoffman, RJR, Kaufman or would it be more like P&B, Free Spirit? To me, these brands have a different "hand". How would you rate it. Would like to order from CT.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frannella View Post
    I agree--CT's sale offerings were very limited and potential savings very disappointing, but think I am seeing this with a lot of quilting vendors this year, not just with CT.
    Yeah, I thought so far that Thousands of Bolts sale haven't been that great, either!! I keep an eye on CT & thousands. Last yr GREAT buys at Bolts!..Checked at Wally's today, too & they didn't have ANY seasonal prints. Lady said they aren't gonna carry much so they don't have to mark it down after the holiday...bummer at all of them so far!!

Swore I wouldn't order any more fabric but between this thread as a reminder and CT's e-mails I've been sorely tempted!! But I resisted. I resisted right up until I hit that Place Order button an hour ago. Got free shipping, too. I have no willpower. I don't care. I'm going to have fun with all my new fabs AND the box of books I ordered from Amazon!!!! I am so bad.
    Pat from Texas

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
    I just checked CT's site and couldn't find thread on sale. I also didn't receive any emails from them and I always do when there is a sale.
    It is just one set of thread on sale. Go to the sets page and it is the last thing listed, unless they have run out.

I am surprised you didnt get the email. I got one mid last week and then another this morning about cyber Monday. The thread is just a clearance item, not a sale, so no email there

Quote Originally Posted by niizh View Post
    This is sort of off topic for this thread but thought I would ask anyway. I have never purchased fabric from CT but read so much about the company on this forum. Can someone give me an idea of the fabric quality. Can you compare to Hoffman, RJR, Kaufman or would it be more like P&B, Free Spirit? To me, these brands have a different "hand". How would you rate it. Would like to order from CT.
    I find their prints to be LQS quality. Nicer than Walmart/hobby lobby type fabrics. Their solids seem a bit thin. I like the batiks but they sometimes feel a little waxy.

With fat quarters half off, this would be a good time to give them a try. Their prices are great, but I find with a coupon fabric.com often beats them, and with brand names (though I've seen ct fabrics on that site. I always thought they.were exclusive so that surprised me.)

Quote Originally Posted by niizh View Post
    I disagree completely. NOT quilt store quality at all, IMO!! But, an o.k. quality for the price if you don't mind the thinner fabric and sometimes "stamped" on patterns.

yeah, i too just went on the site and not much to pick from and not much of a discount. sort of disappointed. thank you for the information. happy holidays.
    "you can take out your opponent, however, if you do it unjustly, you become eligible for being wiped out yourself" E.H.

I am resisting all sales, got plenty of fabrics and threads. I really don't need anything but, a larger sewing room.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I am resisting all sales, got plenty of fabrics and threads. I really don't need anything but, a larger sewing room.
    I tried...But CT just kept calling me back...I placed my order last night close to midnight...got plenty of bargains...I bought some of the clearance fabs for donation quilts. Ordered a couple of packs of thread...couldn't resist.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I wasn't going to order BUT with mention of the neutral set of threads on sale I went and looked again. Found some fabrics to add to my overwhelming stash ... Managed to spend $59+ change. Oh well, free shipping is a good thing, LOL.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Is this some special sale due to the Thanksgiving weekend, like black Friday but on Monday? I don't buy much from there and sometimes get the catalog but have not checked out their website. Might have to visit that yet tonight as well. Thanks for the info.
    Michelle

Bummer. I also didn't get the email. I always get emails from them but not this time. I would have bought the thread set that's for sure. I do like their thread a lot.
    It's not there anymore so I'm going to assume that it is all gone :'( It is what it is. I think it was just an omen that I really didn't need to buy anything right now. We are going to be moving in a week and it's best for me to work off stash for as long as I can...

edited... I found the thread set! Okay. They still do have it... now to figure out how to get to the minimum shipping amount...

I did not see the thread,but I am well-stocked there. Did order a couple of FQ sets-their postage is not too bad-only 3.99 for my order-I think that beats gas prices. I was in Chicago for BF and went to Joannes in the afternoon and did get my pick of flannels for 1.49/yd,plus 20% off everything,including sales ( I had a card for signing up for their preferred customer list through AQS). CT fabrics are very nice,soft and strong. I am preparing for a quilt retreat in the spring,so wanted to stock up on FQ-these come out to less than 1$ each. I think I did have a liuttle trouble with getting the order in,took a couple of tries,but it did go through. I am up early,so planning to get some Xmas PJs cut out at least.
    rntravelerpat

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Connecting threads has such wonderful sales and general prices the rest of the year, just do your cyber holiday shopping where the bargains are. CT will be there for us next month, and the month after.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

They have all their thread sets on sale now. Customer service gave me a $10 credit for the full price set I ordered on Sunday.

I wish the sale had started this weekend, I would have gotten the NEW neutral thread set instead of the old one (the only thread set that was on sale.) I use light colors more than darks...

Connecting threads has such wonderful sales and general prices the rest of the year, just do your cyber holiday shopping where the bargains are. CT will be there for us next month, and the month after.
    Man, I'd say half off fat quarteres IS a bargain. I don't find CT to be that much less expensive for fabrics, but I mostly shop sales. A CT sale is a good deal though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast