Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Sale >

Connecting Threads Sale

Connecting Threads Sale

Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Is this some special sale due to the Thanksgiving weekend, like black Friday but on Monday? I don't buy much from there and sometimes get the catalog but have not checked out their website. Might have to visit that yet tonight as well. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 AM

Bummer. I also didn't get the email. I always get emails from them but not this time. I would have bought the thread set that's for sure. I do like their thread a lot.
It's not there anymore so I'm going to assume that it is all gone :'( It is what it is. I think it was just an omen that I really didn't need to buy anything right now. We are going to be moving in a week and it's best for me to work off stash for as long as I can...

edited... I found the thread set! Okay. They still do have it... now to figure out how to get to the minimum shipping amount...
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 AM

I did not see the thread,but I am well-stocked there. Did order a couple of FQ sets-their postage is not too bad-only 3.99 for my order-I think that beats gas prices. I was in Chicago for BF and went to Joannes in the afternoon and did get my pick of flannels for 1.49/yd,plus 20% off everything,including sales ( I had a card for signing up for their preferred customer list through AQS). CT fabrics are very nice,soft and strong. I am preparing for a quilt retreat in the spring,so wanted to stock up on FQ-these come out to less than 1$ each. I think I did have a liuttle trouble with getting the order in,took a couple of tries,but it did go through. I am up early,so planning to get some Xmas PJs cut out at least.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Connecting threads has such wonderful sales and general prices the rest of the year, just do your cyber holiday shopping where the bargains are. CT will be there for us next month, and the month after.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:37 AM

They have all their thread sets on sale now. Customer service gave me a $10 credit for the full price set I ordered on Sunday.

I wish the sale had started this weekend, I would have gotten the NEW neutral thread set instead of the old one (the only thread set that was on sale.) I use light colors more than darks...

Connecting threads has such wonderful sales and general prices the rest of the year, just do your cyber holiday shopping where the bargains are. CT will be there for us next month, and the month after.
Man, I'd say half off fat quarteres IS a bargain. I don't find CT to be that much less expensive for fabrics, but I mostly shop sales. A CT sale is a good deal though!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM

I kept getting the error message too, but, went back on the site thru my e-mail notice from them and didn't have any more problems. I was confused by the description of half-yard samplers being "18 X 22" cuts and spoke twice with customer service. They told me they could do nothing about it at 8:30 AM Central Time because it was 3:00 AM for the powers that be there! Go figure!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM

I got an e-mail from them about the thread. They had one set left that I didn't have so I ordered it even tho last wk I had ordered the black/gray, and the beige/browns and of course it cost me more than they had it on sale for today. I must remember next yr to wait to purchase until this time of yr I guess. Maybe by then I'll be out of some of what I have. I just was kicking myself when I saw the price this wk. Oh well. I didn't see any fabric I couldn't live w/o today anyway. Sue
Old 11-30-2011, 03:56 AM

I almost ordered the thread Monday and hesitated. I'm glad I did. I have several sets in my shopping basket and I put an email out to my guild to see if anyone else wanted thread before I put my order through - not that I needed help getting to $50. I had bought some of their thread, liked it a lot and said that the next time it went on sale I would get more of it... well. It's on sale. I'm getting more of it
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 AM

I ordered thread this weekend, and was able to get an account credit for the price difference.

Although, I would have prefered the lighter color neutral pack if it had been on sale too. oh well...
Old 11-30-2011, 03:54 PM

I ordered last night but when I went to check out, part way through some stuff disappeared so I had to go back twice and choose something else to get the free shipping. It was annoying, but I did get some good deals.