Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Coroplast at Home Depot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/coroplast-home-depot-t175840.html)

pippi65 01-16-2012 04:29 PM

When you buy it at the Dollar Store what is it called? I'd like to calm my fabrics down...right now they're wild beasts hanging out all over the place ohhh wait that's also called my hair! But really what's it called so I can find it at my dollar store? Thanks so much!

QuiltE 01-16-2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by pippi65 (Post 4881649)
When you buy it at the Dollar Store what is it called? I'd like to calm my fabrics down...right now they're wild beasts hanging out all over the place ohhh wait that's also called my hair! But really what's it called so I can find it at my dollar store? Thanks so much!

I don't know about your $ $tore$ but ours don't have labels as to what it is called!
In ours it's usually near the bristol board display.

charlie 1940 01-18-2012 05:54 AM

I have found that I really need to use 2 magazine boards to keep the fabric solidly standing.
Charlie

hoppa 01-18-2012 05:55 AM

will have to check our home depot

cmw0829 01-18-2012 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4881254)
Thankyou Jacquie for the reminder that cardboard is not acid free. I looked up on the GLQC website and it said to cover cardboard with muslin, tin foil or acid free tissue. It also warned about using plastic to store fabric as the harmful vapors can deterioate fabric.

It's always something, isn't it?! I just folded all my material and put it in plastic bins. I would love to have the type of storage showin in the link above. Rethinking my method here...

Highmtn 01-18-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis (Post 4881457)
Comic boards on Amazon are very reasonable, acid free and work well from what I have heard. They run about 100 for $10.00. I think that is going to be a summer project for me once school is out.

I like this idea too! Thanks Kathdavis!

Momtobostonterriers (lol...love that)
I DO APPRECIATE you bringing back up the fantastic job "Alaskasunshine" has done with her sewing room. I bookmarked that to return to, but as of yet had not read WHAT type of board she had used to wrap her fabric around (initially I thought it was foamcore board). I'll be looking for coroplast locally to see what prices I encounter. If it's more then I can handle I'll investigate Kathdavis' suggestion next. I had not thought about the "acid free" aspects. GOOD SUGGESTION!

Alaskasunshine sure got a lot of us inspired to ORGANIZE things right.

verna2197 01-18-2012 07:56 AM

I get the empty fabric bolt cardboard from my LQS, cut it up and its perfect to put the material.

newbee3 01-18-2012 09:09 AM

I don't use the cardboard to put on the fabric I do fold it and stack it then I put the cardboard inbetween the stacks. I got the cardboard from fabric shop empty bolt cardboard it is firm and works fine.

Halo 01-18-2012 09:34 AM

I, too, get the empty bolt cardboards from all quilt shops I go to. They are happy to let you take them as it saves them from having to deal with them later.

urgodschild2 01-18-2012 09:35 AM

Wow, Being new to all of this has be so excited to try this. I love how they are easy to see on the board instead of just in a bin.