Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cost increase. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cost-increase-t254543.html)

Lafpeaches 09-29-2014 01:08 PM

Cost increase.

Got an email today from craftsy that EB has a class coming to the site. I can watch her for free on the internet so doubt will be interested. As I was scrolling down the classes saw that some are now 44.95. I only buy, anyways when they are on sale mostly when less than 20$ hopefully at 14.99 or 9.99. Everyone needs to make money but now that I'm retired my monthly income dropped.

DebraK 09-29-2014 01:44 PM

Lots of free tutorials online.

CookyIN 09-29-2014 02:03 PM

Craftsy is like Joann -- I only buy on sale and only during a really good sale. I'm patient; I can wait.

Cari-in-Oly 09-29-2014 02:06 PM

Craftsy video classes are well done I admit, but I have yet to find one that interests me that I can't find a blog or tutorial that's free somewhere. I'm on disability so have to be very careful how I spend my money.

Cari

Terri D. 09-29-2014 02:07 PM

If enough people refuse to buy at that price, they will either stop marketing altogether or lower the price. That's the beauty of a free market!

ManiacQuilter2 09-29-2014 02:17 PM

I agree with Terri D, they will lower the price if quilters don';t sign up. I say wait for the sale to come to you.

Onebyone 09-29-2014 02:27 PM

To take a workshop of one of these high profile quilters would be much more then $45. It's a bargain price and a great opportunity for the ones that can't travel or have no options of classes and workshops. There will be plenty that will sign up.

Bree123 09-29-2014 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Terri D. (Post 6908959)
If enough people refuse to buy at that price, they will either stop marketing altogether or lower the price. That's the beauty of a free market!

Either that, or if Craftsy becomes more popular and the teacher's rate is divided amongst all the students, it could go down. But having been a web manager for on-line classes, I can attest to the fact that it is not cheap to put these classes on. There are dozens & dozens & dozens of headaches that (ideally) the students never know about because of all the hard work of teachers, coders & web managers. I, too, wish I could afford to take more of their classes, but the quality of some of their classes vs. what I've found on YouTube is night-and-day different. I wish they offered some sponsored classes (a la YouTube) to help make them more affordable, but I know how annoyed many people get at commercials & pop-ups filling their screen every 5 minutes. Still, it would seem to make sense to me that some of these quilting tools companies could come up with some semi-covert way to market their products (like how the classes on TV do it) in a quality forum with High-Res video, good teachers & a single, clear topic. Hopefully they can make that happen in the not-too-distant future.

Geri B 09-30-2014 02:38 AM

I have purchased at sale price a few of the classes.......one was very disappointing...might as well just read the book!...doubt if I'll sign up for any others...like mentioned, much free demoes, how tos on YouTube...JMHO

Gannyrosie 09-30-2014 02:46 AM

I think Crafsy is a wonderful site, but for me, who is not interested in doing award winning quilts, most of the classes won't interest me. I have purchased one class, but got bored with it and never finished. As many before me, if the funds were available I would pay whatever.